• Tweets

• 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
  • Our picks

spamheed

Law of Property 1925 section 136

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a little bit of homework I need to clarify

If a debt is disputed with the OC abnd any of the DCAs that they transfer it to, does the following clause have any effect as it stipulates that the debtor should:

1. be given notice

2. in the OC's hand

3. Not have a dispute over the debt

It reads a certain way to me and would like a different hopefully better informed viewpoint

136 Legal assignments of things in action

(1)Any absolute assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor (not purporting to be by way of charge only) of any debt or other legal thing in action, of which express notice in writing has been given to the debtor, trustee or other person from whom the assignor would have been entitled to claim such debt or thing in action, is effectual in law (subject to equities having priority over the right of the assignee) to pass and transfer from the date of such notice—

(a)the legal right to such debt or thing in action;

(b)all legal and other remedies for the same; and

©the power to give a good discharge for the same without the concurrence of the assignor:

Provided that, if the debtor, trustee or other person liable in respect of such debt or thing in action has notice—

(a)that the assignment is disputed by the assignor or any person claiming under him; or

(b)of any other opposing or conflicting claims to such debt or thing in action;he may, if he thinks fit, either call upon the persons making claim thereto to interplead concerning the same, or pay the debt or other thing in action into court under the provisions of the M1Trustee Act, 1925.

(2)This section does not affect the provisions of the M2Policies of Assurance Act, 1867.

[F1(3)The county court has jurisdiction (including power to receive payment of money or securities into court) under the proviso to subsection (1) of this section where the amount or value of the debt or thing in action does not exceed [F2£30,000].]

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

In para 1 they must prove they have given sucj notice therfore they would need proof that you received it. They should therefore send the notice of assignment by Registered post, recorded/special delivery or indeed serve it on you in person otherwise how can they prove you ever received such notice

And obviously instead of receivin such a notice, provided by recorded mail and produced directly by the hand of the OC, I get a forgery, carrying the same coding and in the envelope as the letter accompanying it and created by the hand of the DCA.

Fraud by any other name methinks.

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

The deed of assignment has to be under the hand of the assignor, notice of this can be done by any party,the document you really need to see is the deed.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

notice of this can be done by any party

I agree that the deed is the important document.

However, a DCA sending a letter under the letterhead of another company/bank with specific intent to deceive a debtor into believing it is from the company/bank - is fraud by any other name

and

IMO is good enough cause to refuse to enter into any form of constructive relationship or correspondence with such a deceiptful company

Hope this helps

Crapquest once sent me a notice of assignment for an alleged debt unfortunately the forged it from the wrong company and had to follow it up a week later with another forgery purporting to be from the real company. The silly thing is that they used the same varcodes and refernce umbers on both. What a bunch of halfwits

This was my belief as well, I reported a DCA to companies house who investigated and the outcome was that the OC allowed the DCA to produce these documents.

I agree that the deed is the important document.

However, a DCA sending a letter under the letterhead of another company/bank with specific intent to deceive a debtor into believing it is from the company/bank - is fraud by any other name

and

IMO is good enough cause to refuse to enter into any form of constructive relationship or correspondence with such a deceiptful company

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Whilst I appreciate your involving Companies House et al, I was more thinking of the Fraud from a criminal/deception point of view.

Hope this helps

It is certainly deceiving.

My thought has always been if the DCA can give notice why do they not just say on behalf of the OC we give notice.

Whilst I appreciate your involving Companies House et al, I was more thinking of the Fraud from a criminal/deception point of view.

It is almost a case of "Why tell a truth and win when you can tell five lies and look like a tw!t"

only the monkeys that service these companies know whey the act the way they do.

As far as the law states, if a person claims to be something they aren't in order to make a financial gain, then this is fraud.

Hope this helps