• Tweets

• I am trying to follow your advice in post 21 which suggests the kennels T&Cs are over ruled by the CRA As I understood it , even if the kennel felt they good reason to refuse the dog boarding, which would be a difficult point to argue , as I am unable to get the vet to confirm they said the dog “should “ be ok ,the most the kennel  would be entitled to would be reasonable admin expenses due to refusing to accept the dog . Then I read in you last post , which  to me seems a contradiction . Paragraph 3 suggests a Judge would favour the kennel and its stance ,then paragraph 4 says to deny a refund in unenforceable . Surely if to deny me a refund is unenforceable at common law , then a Judge would have to rule in my favour . So if I continue I need to be sure I am citing the correct sections of the CRA
    • To clear this up !This new ccj claim from cabot/Mortimer is  for  a bank i have no account with.And is obviously trying to make out my older debt is not statute barred.They think i will respond and start the six years all over again for a totally diferent debt. I have no debt with the bank they are claiming against me with. Do people not understand this?
    • The site has a drop down for different postal services, implying the exclusions are based on the service you use, yet when you select different services the exclusions appear to remain the same, and certainly in the case of Parcelforce do not tally with the cover included by Parcelforce.   My P2G account still shows the declaration I made.
    • Finally go  a little time to myself, so knocked the defence from your given examples. How does it look?   1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ********************    2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.   3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.   4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60 - The claimant claims the sum of £953.13   #####Defence######   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.   2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have sent an alleged copy dated 28th Jan 2018 from my cpr31.14 request. this is the first time I have seen this letter.   3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)   4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.   5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.   6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and; c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim   7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed   8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   If you think it's okay, I'll get it put in today.    Thank you for all your help on this. 
  • Our picks

Consumer dude

I want to go Rotherham

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3650 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The chuckle brothers (from tv frame) were from there were'nt they ?

The chuckle brothers (from tv frame) were from there were'nt they ?

Dunno :-?

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Dunno :-?

What was their names again. Barry was one I think..:cool:

You mean the one that said .2 me 2 you :p paul i fink

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

You mean the one that said .2 me 2 you :p paul i fink

You remembered..:D

I have taken my grandchildren to watch them when they came to Bradford every year now since the eldest was 4, she is now 14 and this year was the last year we will go becuase the youngest one is getting too old :( I will miss our madcap day out

I think they are brillliant for kids, just good silly fun and totally harmless

PS yes they do come from Rotherham and noooooo you really dont want to go there!

Lets be positive about rotherham, They have a football club, and they must have some places to vist.. Anyone ?

Is it in Yorkshire, or Lancashire, I can't remember, I wouldn't mind a visit in the New Year.... can't make the Oxford meet due to another family commitment and financial situation a bit shaky after unexpected move (well I wasn't planning to move until Easter but got a great place).

Lets be positive about rotherham...they must have some places to vist..
Yep...my rugrats semi-detached mansions...often!

:p

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Rotherhm meet, sat 23rd/Jan/2010. Anyone ?

Is it going to be in All Saints Square,round the fountains.

Is it going to be in All Saints Square,round the fountains.

Local pub I guess, if their is one. lol..

Jamie Oliver has a 'Showing peeps how to cook' shop open in All Saints Sq. at the mo. ;)

Any particular reason why U propose 23th Jan Cd?? :confused:

...Rotherham in the middle of winter isn't exactly a deal clincher for some parrrrty peeps is it?

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

Jamie Oliver has a 'Showing peeps how to cook' shop open in All Saints Sq. at the mo. ;)

Any particular reason why U propose 23th Jan Cd?? :confused:

...Rotherham in the middle of winter isn't exactly a deal clincher for some parrrrty peeps is it?

:)

One of those places I've never been to and might be visting some one a bit further up north so its kind-er on route..:cool:

Angel in Bridgegate,not bad

Is that near rotherham ? You've lost me their..

Just up from The County Borough. ;)

:p

(Jules Winnfield)

Is it in Yorkshire, or Lancashire, I can't remember, I wouldn't mind a visit in the New Year.... can't make the Oxford meet due to another family commitment and financial situation a bit shaky after unexpected move (well I wasn't planning to move until Easter but got a great place).

hello SG Rotherham is in South Yorkshire, why on earth CD wants to go there is beyond me, cause it aint pretty. I suppose the name must appeal! I remember when I was a kid being jealous of a friend who was having a holiday at Primrose Valley. It sounded like heaven. When I grew up and met my OH he asked me where I wanted to go for a trip out. Primrose Valley I said. It was worse than the ar** end of the universe!