E-ON prepaid meter-charges help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I own a studio flat ( Combined Livingroom & Bedroom ). It's now in the middle of the coldest weeks for 2009 & early 2010. After having to provide the ' H ' reading from my Key-Meter talks to the E-ON operator via telephone, I am spending twenty-five pounds a week. E-On blames a 1983 electric wall heater on this issue, when the estate I live on was built. After advice from an independent body, the problem is a combination of binning E-ON and upgrading the heater. :mad:

After a series of comparison checks with various sites, EDF and British Gas are the ' Cheapest ' for the Essex County.:)

Still looking for work, I have just found out that EDF also has a very low tarriff available for people unemployed. There is no SWALEC energy provider for my region :( My high-level advice from the internet and friends who had been with E-ON in the past, is to bin these high-tariff jokers and go with EDF asap. Unfortunately, I have been informed E-ON will not release my file details for six to eight weeks, so E-ON can squeeze the last few drops out from their upset customers :eek: The weeks which are the coldest the most. :evil: Nice Company :evil: It's a long road for fairness between companies and customers :D:D

Hey unleashed

The change of supply process takes that amount of time with any supplier, as there is a statutory cooling off window and information has to be sent through several agencies to get your account set up correctly.

The prices EON charge on prepayment work out the same as the Standard Tariff, if you were to pay quarterly by cash or cheque. Unfortunately, there is no 'social tariff' for the unemployed at the moment.

The reason why EON are not particularly competitive in your area is that EON own the distribution rights in the Eastern region (from the old days of nationalisation and local elec boards) this means that they cannot charge lower than competitors on most products for monopoly reasons and fair competition

Reason I converted to a key meter is because I have full control over how much electricity I use. Had too many bill shocks in the past and was not working for me. Things have moved on since I joined EON in 2002. Time to bin them as other companies offer better deals. Am not one for throwing money away. I found out over the phone with someone that a lady paying around twenty-five pounds a month for one bedroomed flat. I am paying hundred and one pounds a month for a combined livingroom-bedroom studio appartment. What's wrong with this picture ? EON making fun of me, me thinks !!!

the prices being charged wouldn't differ that greatly between most suppliers, you need to check out what is using all of that energy in your property. There is a team called Consumption who could go through all of your appliances and check what they should be using.

Your energy usage seems extremely high for a studio flat -

I have had a thorough home appliance check with an independent consumption firm over the telephone a long time ago. Firstly, I am in the process of removing EON completely out of the equation, then I will re-evaluate my financial situation - if my 1983 heater is the cause, but doubt it !!! I will soon find out what's going on. Just a matter of time.