Energy company help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! We have been with a company for around two years now, when swaping it over i gave them a years reading from our old supplier, and it is still about the same amount used now which is a fairly low amount.

They just sent to me and said they will be charging more than double the cost from now on, so i rang them and asked them why, they said i was a small amount overdrawn plus it was coming to the dear time.

So i got a quote from another company giving them the current years useage figuare's, and it was the same as our old lower price with the present company, so now they are going to take the higher payment from my bank account soon because it takes awhile for the new company to change it over.

I feel abit cheated by this given such a short time do anything about it, which is the best way to sort this out please.

Thanks for any Help! :)

I found this on the forum! does this means if i cancel my dd the fuel company will send me a bill each quarter, and it reads.

Cancel the direct debit, and pay the actual amounts on the bills as they arrive.

It is not up to the payee to dictate how much you'll pay them each month regardless of how much you owe them, which is precisely what you are allowing them to do. forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifThe Direct Debit Guarantee • The Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.

• If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, we will notify you three working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

• If an error is made by us or by your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.

• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.

This is a term of your banking contract and you can sue on it.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

Edited by sootywooty

trying to work out what you are saying...

the new co want to charge the new rate? or are you trying to stop the old co. from taking anymore money?

if its the latter then cancel the DD online, and wait for or request a closing balance, then pay it [the arrears they mention & payment till the change over date]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm.........

you login to your online banking system............

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats rare

who do you bank with

most banks now have online A/C access

dx

and they

well done

you should be able to control things alot better now

you can ofcourse i wouldn't advise it.............much

change all your telephone numbers to 0's [in the correct format]

but as i said that would not me sportsmanship.....or would it:)

or as others have done, a dCA mobile number......

dx

and they