Accident at work and what to do next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

12345tim,

If I were you, I would put in a grievance against the perpetrator of the "practical joke". To my mind it is not a practical joke if someone gets hurt. I would go so far to say that it is an assault - the perpetrator being wreckless as to whether the person the "joke" was played on may be injured. Make your complaint official and see what the outcome is. You may also have a Disability Descrimination complaint if the "joker" was aware that you are disabled. Your company should have a handbook covering discipline matters, it should tell you in there how to make your grievance complaint and also what should happen; with time scales etc.

Good Luck with it - Cheers Scousegeezer

12345tim,

lets take things one step at a time. I can understand that you do not feel as tho you can go back to work at the present time. Make the grievance complaint first and see where that goes. If no action is taken against the offending party , regarding the prank; then you can follow up on the disability discrimination complaint as stated above. OR you could do both at one time. Mutiple grievance. If still no action against the prankster, then you may have a case of constructive dismissal. Keep all documents that you receive regarding the grievance(s). Until the grievance has been completed there is no further action to be taken IMHO. Also , keep a diary of conversations/events. This may help you p[rove any information given to you verbally and not confirmed in writing by the company/manager.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Edited by scousegeezer
Added info

I agree entirely Scousegeezer.

I agree that a 'practical joke' which leaves you physically injured and deeply traumatised should properly be called 'an assault' too.

Maybe your employers will take this matter a damn sight more seriously if you start using key words such as 'POLICE' and 'HEALTH AND SAFETY EXECUTIVE'.

What size is this company?

Do they have a HR Dept?

Ok. As Scousegeezer advised, keep record of everything that happens, no matter how insignificant it might seem.

I'm a clinical depressive myself and I well understand just how upsetting situations like this can be.

Sadly discrimination against people with mental health issues is particularly prevalent, with many people failing to give support just when it's needed.

Sit tight and we'll do our best to give you our support in sorting these tosspots out.

Are you in a trade union?

Or do you have anyone at work who can give you some support, perhaps accompany you to a grievance hearing?

Well addressing the issue is probably the main step you can take on the road towards getting better.

Are you on full pay or SSP? 'Cos ya can't survive to to long on the latter, in my experience. In fact, having money concerns will probaby only compound your stress. (again IMHO).

I know your doctor said you're not fit for having the meeting at the moment, but if your depression is reactive to your work problems, then I would suggest that the work matter needs to be addressed in some way.

Just my opinion.