elmeirah!!

no letters, only phone calls from triton

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I owe Natwest a loan of about £7, 000. I understand my account has been passed to triton credit services for debt collection. I received loads of calls (and even text messages saying I should return the call) from them about a month ago which I was ignoring because I knew they would demand an amount I couldn't afford as I was am currently on maternity leave. Eventually when I did answer them, the guy I spoke to came across pretty reasonable. He said he could cut the total debt down to £4, 000 if I could pay it up front. I obviously couldn't afford to do that, so I agreed a monthly payment plan towards the full debt of £50 per month. This is fine and affordable, however I've just forgotten the date and missed the first payment. BUT they never wrote to me - so not only do I have no official confirmation of the agreement I made, but also I am not able to contact them to acknowledge that I've missed a payment and to make it now. So I've come online today to find their contact details to pay up, but just reading the posts on this forum now, I'm beginning to wonder if its all legitimate, as I've had no written correspondence from them at all.

If someone has any advice, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Hello and Welcome, elmeirah!!.

I'm sure Triton are 'in house' Debt Collectors. How old is the loan ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott

Many thanks for the reply.

The initial loan of £5, 000 is from Summer 2008. And all the rest is made up of an overdraft and bank and late payment charges.

Its probably totally legit, but I just wonder why they haven't written to me, so thought I'd ask around before making the payment.

Hi,

Have you thought about re-claiming the charges?

I've thought about it, but didn't know how to go about it. Also I don't have all my bank statements so I don't have full details of the charges - amounts, dates etc.

Is it worth it do you think?

so send the bank a sar for all statements and agreements etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Is it worth it do you think?

I would say so, here's the SAR template, they have 40 days to comply, let us know when they get back to you.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

Regards.

Scott.