Identiity theft & credit obtained

fatum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my nightmare.

I was a victim of an identity theft back in 2007. To cut long story short; my documents had been stolen and a loan obtained through Welcome Finance using my details. I moved out from my old address, redirected my post and received the loan agreement for a loan I had never applied for. I contacted my local Welcome branch and even went there in person to prove my identity. They photocopied the agreement etc. and assured that everything would be sorted.

I just obtained my credit report from all three credit reference agencies and guess what.:? I’ve been in arrears since August 2007!

I sent letters to Equifax, Experian & CallCredit requesting this fraudulent entry deleted in order to correct information on my report. I explained why I think they’re fraudulent and enclosed all proofs I was able to dig out.

They all replied they need Welcome’s consent to delete them and there’s nothing else they could do.

I also sent a letter to Welcome in September ’09 with all three reports and proofs requesting the fraudulent credit account deleted. The bottom line is that I still haven’t heard back from and they keep recording default every month. Shocking!!!:evil:

What else could I do to make Welcome delete it from my credit reports? :( Please help

I am having the same problem - but with Style Financial Services - they won't deal with me because the account only stays on file for 6 months. They accepted that fraud had taken place and stopped chasing me but it still shows up on my credit file. CreditCall are looking into it for me - but I am not holding my breath. I just can't get through to Style Financial Services that I want them to clear my name - I have been writing letters and phoning and to no avail...This all happened 3 years ago after I moved. Oh and this isn't the only problem I have had - but I think the rest are sorted now - just this one!

The only thing I can suggest is to write to following organisations:

The Office of Fair Traiding

Public Liaison

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London EC4Y 8JX

Tel:020 7211 8000

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London E14 9SR

Information Commisioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

Cheshire

SK9 5AF

Information Line:01625 545 745

In addition if Style Financial Services like Welcome is a member of the Financial and Leasing Association they should subscribe to the FLA Consumer Code of Practise and to the FLA Conciliation and independent Arbitration Scheme. Any uresolved complaints can be reffered the FLA under the Code of Practice.

What CallCredit probably will do for you is send you a letter saying they're not in a position to delete any entries from your credit report as they need to obtain a consent from the creditor first. However they'll surpress that information whilst is being looked at. Loads of bull.... basicaly.

I will definately send some letters to the agencies I listed above and tell you how I got on. I'm not holding my breath either as they are the Goverment agencies and act very slowly. I also will try to send you some template letters I just need to dig them out first.

All best and good luck in the interim

Fatum

• 2 weeks later...