Eversheds - NOT law firm of the year then!

Jan4a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Taken from RollonFriday - a legal website. They're talking about various law firms and the Law Firm of the Year Award table and this is what they say about Eversheds:

"But it's not surprising to find Eversheds at the ar*e end of the table, given its four rounds of redundancies. Typical complaints include the crap redundancy payments, claims that the firm is now working its remaining staff to breaking point and the feeling that "the firm is run by a bunch of lawyers who would murder their own grandmothers if they thought there was a profit in it"

Just thought you might find it amusing to see how they're viewed within the legal profession - I did! The complaints mentioned have come from their own lawyers.

the firm is run by a bunch of lawyers who would murder their own grandmothers if they thought there was a profit in it"

Says it all, a bunch of spivs (alledgedly) out to make a fast profit with no expertise

the firm is run by a bunch of lawyers who would murder their own grandmothers if they thought there was a profit in it"

Says it all, a bunch of spivs (alledgedly) out to make a fast profit with no expertise

Perhaps they have expertise in 'doing in' grandma's?

MAny thanks OP made my day!!!!

Amusing thing about sites like Rollon is they always throw up an interesting paradox.

Quality of firm: Eversheds must be awful if that's what their staff think of them.

Quality of staff: If it's that bad, why are they still there?

David

Firm only been really bad for last couple of years since all control passed to London office - regional offices such as Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham now have to do as they are told. Some high profile people in the regions have already left, a lot are waiting for the recession to end to do the same.

They're basically using the recession to do what they like - rest of profession know that, hence comments in ROF.

They're digging their own grave - once recession ends all their good people will leave and they'll struggle to recruit with their reputation.

They only do debt collection out of Leeds office and they try to keep that quiet cos they try to compete with the big London based corporate law firms - never seen their names on here though!

Firm only been really bad for last couple of years since all control passed to London office - regional offices such as Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham now have to do as they are told. Some high profile people in the regions have already left, a lot are waiting for the recession to end to do the same.

They're basically using the recession to do what they like - rest of profession know that, hence comments in ROF.

They're digging their own grave - once recession ends all their good people will leave and they'll struggle to recruit with their reputation.

Seriously, both of them will just up and go? where will that leave them? who will they get to fold letters properly?

They only do debt collection out of Leeds office and they try to keep that quiet cos they try to compete with the big London based corporate law firms:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - never seen their names on here though!

I though eversheds meant always have and always will work out of two garden sheds

So Jan, how long did you work there for?:D

they are known as The Shed :D

Tools are kept in a shed, not that I'm inferring or implying. Just making a factual statement:D.

Hardly Manches or Clifford Chance though are they!

Mercifully for me both my grannies died a long time ago, so that makes me untouchable:p.

I'll stop digging now