CL finance Altered Application into Agreement

m4ckk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been to CC with CL Finance. They put together very poor paperwork. The Judges copy was different to ours... ours had vital pages missing. It looked like an application form for a CreditCard has been altered into an agreement..(is that criminal?). This is after we asked for a copy of the original. The copy came through the post 10weeks after we asked for it (I thought there was a 12day limit under CCPAct 1974?? and is that a criminal offence nowadays?). Anyway Judge sent CL away with flea in ear to sort the paperwork out for a retrial. HELP..:shock:

I cant remember signing any Agreement.. just an application form touted to me by a pretty young lady with long legs and a short skirt outside the Man Utd.. I was well under the influence too... always am just befroe a big game.. it's part of the build up.. (could that be construed as miss-selling??);)

We have got 14 days too to issue our final defence.. any offers of help will be really appreciated. Just lost job, just broke leg, just seperated, feel down :Cry:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

Don't feel down... you need to post some of this paperwork up on here if you know how to.

I can help with a defence... done enough of them recently.

CCA offences for non supply of credit agreement were removed by the 2006 amendments.

However they should be complying with Civil Procedure Rules in order not to put you at a disadvantage.

So... can you post anything up?

I've been through so many threads on these idiots, I think I know it by heart.

Just wait till the CL Finance/Howard Cohen CAG mafia start subbing - they won't know what's hit them!

Very concerned about different paperwork popping up here and there. These so-called 'solicitors' seem remarkably adept and pulling rabbits out of hats just when it suits them. Can't wait to see what docs they come up with m4ckk - can you post anything you have so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all... thanks for your supporting comments.

I have to get a 'defence' in by friday but cant upload any docs.. (scanner not recognised)

The application I signed whilst under the influence has (I beleive) turned into an agreement. They didnt send me the requested docs for months after the 12 day limit.

What do you need to know?

Thanks,Mackk

I believe that an application was completed and signed (whilst very drunk) outside MUFC. The CL legal rep in court did not give us the full copy... The judge on seeing this decided to adjourn till March.. but our defence has to be in by 4pm tomorrow.

I think I signed a application... NOT an agreement.

Mack

I may be out of my depths here. It's difficult to see the agreement but I can't see a credit limit anywhere. I think this is one of the prescribed terms, and as far as a DJ is concerned pretty important - how the hell are you supposed to determine the amount of credit you agreed to?

EDIT: Sorry, I think they're okay just to let you know that they will decide the credit limit and let you know.

The application form is not part of the agreement in any way afaik. Again the agreement is difficult to read but I don't think it references another document other than the T&C's. Is that correct?

EDIT: Didn't realise it was the same document, sorry.

Edited by Aristoc

Also.. I asked for the original agreement back in August... they sent it to me a week prior to the court hearing (is it thrown out if not produced within 14 days?? Iv seen that on here somewhere??)

Mack