Kerobo claims and first plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can SOMEONE HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

I took a secured loan out in 2005 with first plus and when my wife lost her job we struggled to pay the bills. we stuck at it and payed what we could when we had it but fell behind on the secured loan, this was passed to Eversheds who put a massive amount of pressure on my wife and i. We were taken to court and ordered the 3k arrears were added to our mnthly payment. This has been a massive bill to pay each month and is putting massive stress on our family(stupid to take the loan in the first place i know). I have been in contact with kerobo claims with the view to someone looking into the agreement that was originally signed, to which they confirmed that for a sum of £495+vat they can get the loan agreement cancelled. I was willing to pay this before i googled there name and was shown this site. Please could someone give some advise on what to do???

How did the court decide on the amount to pay each month towards the arrears? If you can't pay the amount required at the moment I think you need advice on how to deal with this at the moment. Any claim through a company to TRY and get the agreement cancelled can be after you know your home is secure (I'm presuming the loan is secured on your home)

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I had to close down a previously successful business and was left with large credit card monthly repayments, I contacted Kerobo claims and they happily took my money for two credit agreements, total of just over 1100.00...That was back in August. end of September I had one client care pack sent to me which I completed and returned straight away....Heard nothing finally called the solicitor who had had nothing back from Kerobo...At the begining of November called and demanded a refund. They then started ignoring my calls and emails. The only way I got through to the right person was by using a false name.

My advise is dont' touch ANY of these companies, they are leeches, earning from other peoples misfortune. From what I understand now, most of the un-inforceable agreements were for PPI not the actual credit agreements. Kerobo have finally agreed to give me a full refund.

Hi Nunnyrose

They basically asked me to pay 175 p/m ontop of our original payments to clear the arrears and when cleared they would release the court order!.

at the moment its not a huge problem paying the costs but is it advisable do you think for someone to look into the agreement??.

Ok, but how did they arrive at £175 on top - was it with an I&E form through the court? If you CAN afford it then carry on for now.

Yes, it its advisable to get someone to look at the agreement, but not a company that charges. There are many, many people in these forums that will be pleased to look at it and advise accordingly. Scan it, remove all personal info that could identify you (incase of trolls) and post it here.

Same for you Daytona but I would suggest you start your own thread. Lets try and keep this thread already started for gareth as he is the original poster.

Well i never filled out an I&E form with the courts its just a figure that we could afford when my wife got a new job. I have applied to First plus for a cca as i have lost my original so as soon as i get this i will post here. I am going to carry on paying and i am not trying to get out of it because i was the foolish one taking it out in the first place, but saying that Eversheds who are obviously the same people as first plus need some sort of payback as they nearly drove us to have a breakdown with the amount of pressure they used.

ok, once you've received a response to your CCA request post again. When did you send the CCA request?

As this is a secured loan it is a priority debt - I'm assuming you also have your main mortgage which is obviously a priority debt too. If you feel you can share a bit more info here it could help with the advice to give you.

Was the court case a possession of property claim?

Have you got any other debts like credit cards and/or unsecured loans?

I sent the cca request yesterday so not too sure when i will get this back?.

It was a possesion of property case.

I also have a main mortgage which i am fully up to date with, but do have a few c/cards unfortunatly and a a&l loan.

I have recieved a call this morning from a company offering to look into the agreements on a foc basis.

When i went to court for the first plus account i was told because i have in affect two mortgages i am eligible for some help? do you know if this is true for people struggling with payments?

I sent the cca request yesterday so not too sure when i will get this back?.

Did you send this with payment of £1, also this shouldhave been sent recorded delivery, assuming not if posted yesterday being Sunday.

It was a possesion of property case.

Not sure why an I&E wasn't done for the court, as I understand it you should have to show what you can afford. Was the court order for a suspended possession order?

I also have a main mortgage which i am fully up to date with, but do have a few c/cards unfortunatly and a a&l loan.

Are you managing to pay these at the moment?

I have recieved a call this morning from a company offering to look into the agreements on a foc basis.

You can do this yourself, with help from here. Companies will offer an foc basis to look, but then charge a % of the outcome so be careful.

When i went to court for the first plus account i was told because i have in affect two mortgages i am eligible for some help? do you know if this is true for people struggling with payments?

Not sure about eligible help, but there are certainly things that can been done if you are struggling to pay the mortgages. Repossession is a last resort through the courts, there are certain protocols that must be followed before a repossession is allowed.

Hi I have sent it recorded with a £1 cheque.

Sorry to be a bit useless but this is all new to me, yes it was for a suspended possesion. We are managing all payments at the moment though being a massive struggle, i will look into the company offering a fo service.

Thanks for help so far

dont be sorry for being a newbie :) I'm fairly new here myself and its all a learning curve.

Its great that you're managing payments at the moment but as you say it's a struggle I would suggest starting a thread on the repossessions forum, you'll get some great help there.

If you start off with posting a little history i.e. date you went to court, outcome of case and that you are struggling to pay somebody will advise you on how and if anything can be done to reduce the monthly payment to fp.

once you've started that thread come back here and put a link to the new thread so I can follow it. (saves me searching for it :) )

If you want help looking at the credit cards and other loan start threads in the forums for those institutions - post here if you need help with this.