Grantyy

No bonus because of accident?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi :) , a friend of mine was on his way to work when he had a crash, he hadn't been driving long but it wasn't his fault and more importantly nobody was hurt but he was obviously shaken.

The place he works at were running a £400 bonus for people who attended without absence over a set period leading upto christmas but because of the fact he crashed and the police took him home they say he has broken the agreement, does the fact that he was obviously on his way to work not count for anything and although it was just out of work hours the fact the very reason he was on that road was for his empoyer, apparently they say that somebody else had an accident and that he is not getting paid either so they cannot make an exception of one rule for one one for another :mad: , so pay them both!, they also told him if he had made it in that night they would have accepted that but because he did not the terms of the deal have been broken, he was obviously shaken and in no state to work that night, apparenty the car is a mess.

I personally think they should stand together and the company should be able to see that the intention was there to get to work but unforseen circumstances prevented that from happening, will they be able to turn this around? is it worth pursuing?

Thanks for your responses ;)

If it's company policy he hasn't got a lot to argue with in my opinion. The same could be said by someone who contracted flu, or any other illness. They were not intending to be absent but were in no fit state to work.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

download the CAG toolbar

flu, toothache, backache, car breakdown, house flood etc etc etc are all unforseen as with most genuine absences.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If it wasn't his fault then perhaps he should try claiming this from the third party involved?

I know I managed to claim loss of overtime payments when I was injured in an accident that wasn't my fault.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Most relevant reply is in bold below but hey if you have time for my rambling....

Sorry, I just don't get it when common sense isn't used, he clearly had every intention of going to work that night as he was on route but I guess it's just typical company procedure seeing everything in black and white rather than acting with a little compassion and understanding, I mean you get these people that haven't had a day off in 5 years but i'm pretty sure that if they had a car crash on the way to work then they too would head home if they were twenty odd miles away, shaken and with no alternative transport, hardly inspiring for the company you have worked so hard for to tell you that you've let them down because you are actually a human being and therefore prone to accidents, at least with other ailments he could have chosen to get on with it if it had meant keeping his bonus, it may not be right but people do it!

Rambling done, wonder how many people think that it's me that was in the crash after that ramble, it's not though honest, just know how much that money meant to him and his Gf who has just started Uni.

thats a good idea Welshmam I guess if he can prove he has lost the bonus then the other driver is responsible for that, he certainly isn't but if it were me I would still be having a word with the manager along with the other guy who lost his bonus, wonder what they would think to losing two staff over the christmas period.............

In the current climate probably nothing :mad:

I actually have a situation regarding a job I have been waiting to start for over 3 months now despite having a success letter which didn't mention any delay and if it wasn't for me making contact to the agency responsible who do not answer their phones very often then I would have had no contact still, I'll post the full details in a new thread in the next couple of days as I would like to know if it's OK for a company to be so misleading where peoples lively hoods are at stake.

Edited by Grantyy