hadyanth

Talk Talk unknown phonecalls from line

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello again CAGgers :)

I am looking into something for my father regarding his talk talk phoneline.

A few weeks back my father received a letter stating that there will be some work done on the telephone lines near the house and various services (telephone, broadband etc.) will be unavailable for periods of time.

When the works started the phonelines were down for at least 3 days, when I was alerted to this I called TalkTalk to enquire and they told me there seems to be some issues and they would chase it up and call back.

Typically they never rang back and the phone/braodband still didn't work. After further calls it turned out the line was working again but it was on a suspension because of excessive costs on the bill.

We had the ban lifted as this was an error. Shortly afterwards my father received his phone bill to the tune of £190+ for one month... The calls were to numbers all over the world including premium numbers and there are hundreds of these calls.

Contacted TalkTalk and they initially said that the calls were made from our line. We explained to them that these calls were made when the line wasn't working. They said they would do an investigation and get back to us. The customer service manager was very good about this during this phonecall and seemed to be promising.

No call back again, when chased up the customer service manager said that they found nothing and the calls were made from my father's telephone line, full stop. Certainly changed his attitude since the last call...

Despite arguing this point he said that there will be nothing more said on the matter and discontinued the phonecall.

I spoke to my father about this and advised him to go to the police as this is potentially a criminal matter and report that the phoneline must have been compromised. I have also told him to contact BT and get a history of the itemised bills (to show call behaviour) so that TalkTalk/Police can see that the calls have never been made before. Lastly once this is all done I said to write to TalkTalk and notify them that this has been reported to the police as a criminal matter and see where that goes..

The questions in my head are:

Have I covered all angles?

Are the police able to help?

Do we stand a chance against this situation?

Can I bring TalkTalk's alleged 'investigation' into question?

My father is very ill and this makes my blood boil at the way they are handling this. :evil:

Please let me know if there is anything more I can do - or if someone has experience of this situation.

Many thanks, hadyanth.

Obtained Judgement

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote:

Confucius say, Man who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

......................... ......................... ....

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I think you've done all you reasonably can - however forget phoning, you need to WRITE. (A trail of who said what when is vitally important).

The police will defer to the Telco, as they have no expertise in resolving or investigating. If the telco finds criminal activity, it will thought its own Investigation Branch call in the police.

As for their attitude - all they see is the calls, and can investigate nothing. If the line has been compromised, only BT Openreach can investigate this, so ask TT to formally request this, as after the rewiring, something is seriously amiss.

Hi Buzby,

Thank you for the tips, much appreciated. I'm going to have a chat with my father to go over this and see where it goes. I will update this thread when there is a response (or not!).

Cheers :)

Obtained Judgement

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote:

Confucius say, Man who walk through airport door sideways going to Bangkok.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

......................... ......................... ....

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.