summer30

Merchant accounts - poor credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Wasnt sure where to put this so apologies in advance if its in the wrong place.

I run my own business but really need to be able to take payments by card and over the phone. However Ive now come to realise with my poor credit history this might not be possible, and will stop my business before its even got going.

I cannot even get a a paypal virtual terminal as they do credit checks

Does anyone know of anywhere that doesnt do a credit check for accepting payments by card, or any ideas? Really do feel exceptionally depressed about it all. Ive lost about £400 in the last 2 months because people couldnt put extras on cards or pay deposits over the phone

thanks

Have you approached who you bank with to see if they can offer any solutions? This would be the obvious place to start, as they could (possibly) be prepared to take more risk basing their decision on your account history as opposed to your credit history.

All accounts which have a degree of risk will probably involve credit checking, although the risk they are prepared to take depends on many different factors.

www.streamline.com

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

There are a good many Online Merchant processors - Protex (protex?) spring to mind, but there are many others. The credit status of the applicant I do not believe is relevant to them, and whilst the fees are slightly higher, they offer a very wide range of card type acceptance.

Talk to PayPal.

Already mentioned - "I cannot even get a a paypal virtual terminal as they do credit checks"

:)