water bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

im looking for some advice on dealing with my water bills as im starting to get a bit worried. i havent paid anything off my water bill in six years. every couple of months they send letters or a disconnection notice so i phone them up and offer £40 a month which is all i can afford which they allways refuse as they say they want a lot more.

its starting to get a bit ridiculous now as im owing a few grand and im just worrying what the outcome of it all is going to be, am i going to get disconnected ,taken to court or whatever

thanks in advance for any replies

if it were me i'd pay what you are offering by internet banking using the info on the back of the water bill

they cannot stop you doing that.

i don't think they can cut you off once you start doing that.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

If you are on benefit or a low income you should make an application to the water company's charitable trust for help paying your water charges.

I think your offer seems reasonable, and I doubt that anything would be gained by starting court proceedings. If that does happen you could make an application to the court seeking an order that the claim be struck out, which it should be as it's a waste of the court's time if the matter could have been sorted outside of the justice system, which it can be.

Edited by samsmoot
spelling

i am in the same positon... exept mine is 14yrs since i paid last.... i have never had a bill..they have not contacted me for the last 5 yrs.. when they did contact me they wanted 70 month, no way could we affored that..what do i do should i contact them? someone said if you make regular payments they will right off the bill...???

• 3 weeks later...