style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

im looking for some advice on dealing with my water bills as im starting to get a bit worried. i havent paid anything off my water bill in six years. every couple of months they send letters or a disconnection notice so i phone them up and offer £40 a month which is all i can afford which they allways refuse as they say they want a lot more.

its starting to get a bit ridiculous now as im owing a few grand and im just worrying what the outcome of it all is going to be, am i going to get disconnected ,taken to court or whatever

thanks in advance for any replies

if it were me i'd pay what you are offering by internet banking using the info on the back of the water bill

they cannot stop you doing that.

i don't think they can cut you off once you start doing that.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

.....Hi, I think they are NOT allowed to cut you off by Law.....They can take you to court of course but you won't have to attend !

PS: Nor are they allowed to reduce the Pressure.

:)

If you are on benefit or a low income you should make an application to the water company's charitable trust for help paying your water charges.

I think your offer seems reasonable, and I doubt that anything would be gained by starting court proceedings. If that does happen you could make an application to the court seeking an order that the claim be struck out, which it should be as it's a waste of the court's time if the matter could have been sorted outside of the justice system, which it can be.

Edited by samsmoot
spelling

i am in the same positon... exept mine is 14yrs since i paid last.... i have never had a bill..they have not contacted me for the last 5 yrs.. when they did contact me they wanted 70 month, no way could we affored that..what do i do should i contact them? someone said if you make regular payments they will right off the bill...???

no unless child and working tax credits count??