wooner

ALLIED INTERNATIONAL CREDIT help please!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

Am new to this site and could really do with some help or advice as to how to deal with this company.

Brieft outline of my history is I had an IVA which failed a few months ago - just couldnt afford to pay it, had split up with bf, no longer joint income, and now shelling out rent and bills etc on my own, and he kept the house (which was in negative equity).

I had a phone call from allied two days ago, with a voicemail, followed by a text message asking me to call them. So I did, but there was no answer.

I then called them again yesterday and spoke to a guy there who was extremely rude and was basically just demanding how I was gonna pay this debt. I advised I wasnt paying anything until I received something from them in writing explaining who they were and what the debt was for. Again he was very rude and was really nasty to speak to, and after the phone call I was left in tears.

So thinking I'm waiting to receive something in the post from them, I then have another phone call from them today, this time a woman. I asked why she was calling me again when I spoke to someone yesterday and it was because on their file I had 'refused to give my details'. what details I asked??? as the guy had not asked me anything the day before apart from how I was going to repay this debt. So I told her I'm employed, rented accommodation, own a car etc and that I was still waiting for something in the post.

She came back to me with two options - the 4700 debt (mint CC) reduced to 3500 but to be paid in two payments, half this month and half in Jan. Or accept my offer of £50pm, but they want an initial £600 payment. Well I advised I have neither £600 nor £1700 (xmas is three weeks away!!) and she advised that if I dont have that then it is being referred to a different department and I'll hear from them in a couple of days with what further action will be taken. (im guessing court action or something)

I was thinking of sending them the CCA letter, maybe this will buy me some time at least? It's not that I'm not willing to comply because I have offered £50pm, but I just dont have the initial £600.

It seems like the IVA passed the different debts to different DCA's, but so far have not had any probs with the other agencies. But when I'm trying to pay those debts as well as my rent and bills etc, on £1000pm leaves me with practically nothing. Maybe I should just go bankrupt to save all this stress and hassle??!!

The last thing I want though is someone turning up on my doorstep, as dont want the people I live with to know about this!

Any help or advice on what I should do next will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Hi welcome to the forum, firstly do not speak to this vermin on the phone ever, Secondly as they are prepared to give you a reduced offer so quickly it is likely they know they have an unenforceable agreement.

I am guessing this DCA have paid pennies for this debt so by you paying 3500 they will see so much profit.

You need to send in a CCA request (letter in template section) with a £1 postal order, Don't sign it, if you do sign it put 2 lines horizontally through it this stops your signature being used creatively on other documents that may be sent to you. They then have 12 days +2 for postage to supply you with a valid CCA

You must also send the telephone harassment letter as you need everything in writing.

Stop worrying about doorstep visits they have no legal powers to seize goods or enter your home. Only a court can do that with bailiffs and you are so far from that yet.

Post up on here anything that you receive removing personal details and barcodes, it is the law that they supply you with the docs if they do not then you can legally stop payments until they do supply it.

Have you received ant letters saying then debt has been assigned or passed on to a debt collection agency, or a default notice from Mint CC. Above all stop worrying they are just bullies who want your money.

You will get plenty of help on here.

These are just my opinions.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

No point in speaking on the phone. You now know why.

Combine the CCA letter, telephone letter and doorstep visit letter from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

and send it off recorded today with a £1 PO

Nothing to lose by making them prove it, even if they can you're no worse off and they've had to work for it

CCA letter definitely. AIC are **** of the worst kind - don't talk to them on the phone. As you've found out, they have nothing constructive to say.

Saw this as a "0" replies thread for some reason when searching, but it seems like you have plenty of advice to get started on these leeches

I would add that AIC are useless if you dont play their game and refuse to answer their calls/dont phone them

Their letters become inreasingly repetitive and boring

Please dont let them upset you, they are not worth it, and as said above there is nothing they can do to you - they have as much power to collect money from you as you do from them!

Another point - if you get asked to fill out a budget sheet - DONT

The only person that can geuinely require this from you is a judge

As said above, CCA them, see what they come up with then post a copy up here for everyone to give their opinion on (MINUS personal details - name, address, account number/barcodes, etc)

Have a beer/gin/whatever and chill, you now have CAG on your side!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I had to deal with them and they couldn't produce any documentation... (fingers crossed touch wood) they have now gone silent... do what has been suggested here... and good luck! x

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

everyone has been so helpful, i really appreciate all your advice. It's nice to know that they cant, and are not, just gonna walk all over me! Im just compiling the cca letter now and will update on here as and when.

please keep posting tho if anyone has any more advice because it will defo help me (clueless!) and others im sure.

After being upset yday i feel much stronger today, i even told the girl she was rude and asked her has she any customer service skills to which she replied 'no they are not customer service people' lmao!! really?? never wld have guessed...!

thanks a lot again... heres to hopefully a stress free xmas!

After being upset yday i feel much stronger today, i even told the girl she was rude and asked her has she any customer service skills to which she replied 'no they are not customer service people' lmao!! really?? never wld have guessed...!

thanks a lot again... heres to hopefully a stress free xmas!

They are commission based sales people everything they say and do is with the goal of a commission and reaching their sales targets. NEVER lose sight of that

No, they're not customer services people. In fact, 'people' is stretching the bar quite a bit.

Stop talking to them on the phone and send the phone harassment letter.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.