MBNA / Virgin, 1 Missed payment Now RMA and Harrasment

pcdave23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Lost my job and as such have no money. Only recently happend. I missed last months mbna virgin credit card payment and as such got a few calls from them being rude and asking for payment. Told them to stop phoning me at 8am in the morning and put it in a letter.

fast forward 1 month and my next payment is due soon. However they have passed over last months to a company called RMA. Talk about not giving you much time if your struggling. I made a token payment of £20 to virgin a few days ago. This letter from RMA has also been accompanied by a few texts and a few calls telling me to phone virgin / mbna.

Im lost where do I go from here, Do i phone these people and tell them im not paying as I cant afford it ?

I would advise that you never speak to RMA or MBNA again but keep it in writing.

You could send MBNA a letter requesting that interest be frozen on the account and offer a reduced payment until your finances take a turn for the better.

Unfortunately as you may have read on the forum, MBNA do not normally take customers letters seriously.

Template letters are here -

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

and

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

You may wish to send MBNA this letter regarding telephone call harrassment

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Thanks very much I have just had 2 calls again from RMA, Rejected it on my mobile then 1 minute later they phoned my house which I clearly told Virgin was not a number they could call.

will print letters just now and send them all off. Thanks very much

I have a few addresses for mbna from letters any idea where to send them to please :)

Edited by pcdave23

Sent the harrasment letter off recorded aswell a request to freeze interest etc, had no response in writing but keep recieving phone calls still from rma, and letters saying I still owe them money.

Starting to annoy me now any idea if I should just keep ignoring rma completly as I have been doing?

Thanks