Let's set up a "Peoples' Bank!

Bigdebtor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surely there are enough of us totally hacked off with the rip off banks - unfair charges, high interest rates, rip off ATM and purchase charges abroad, massive bonuses, billions of tax payers money put at risk etc. etc. to do something radical (and legal) about it?

Is the solution not in our own hands? Why not set up a NEW bank - perhaps using the 100% publicly owned Post Office network (and saving many village PO's at the same time)? I'm not saying the PO is perfect - but at least it already belongs to us and hasn't needed bailed out. I know there is currently National Savings - but I feel we need a publicly owned fair trade clearing bank.

This new PO bank could have a fair treatment charter - no unfair charges, stated maximum % over base interest charged etc.

OK we might make RBS and LLoyds Banking Group totally bust - but we would own 100% of the new bank and save a fortune into the bargain.

BTW - if the RBS Board do resign en masse - fancy a crack at the CEO job - or could you not drop down to earnings of about £8 milion?

If this thread gets enough interest perhaps we could set up a petition or all write to our MP's?

If only the government and political class weren't in on it as well, we might see alternate solutions.

I heard this morning the bail out total was at £40,000 per head yet we, the tax payers, are still being held to ransom. :mad: