pertinky

PCN from private property

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Basically I used to live in this small residential (flat) development - with most residents owning 2 cars but having 1 allocation so visitor parking spaces (about 25 max) were always full due to this. I've since moved out but my friend still lives there so i popped over last night and couldnt find a VP space so parked in one of the others (there were alot of non-VP spaces).

I came out a couple of hours later to find my car has been lifted out of the space in place of someone elses car (with empty spaces next to it) and ive been slapped with a £150 fine from the NCP.

I'm pretty angry and the pr*ck who phoned them, and I'm even more angry and those low-lifes for the charge (which was £65 18 months ago as a friend of mine had it done to him when I was living there - he paid it though).

Should I pay? It's Xmas and I can't really afford £150, but I certainly cant afford £300 or whatever other astronomical number it could potentially rise to.

Thanks

Moreso, I've seen these guys operate numerous times on the roads immediately outside the development - probably clamped upward of 20 people in 18 months of living there. It always grated on me when it was someone else getting stuffed, but now its me it feels 10x worse!

Should I pay? It's Xmas and I can't really afford £150, but I certainly cant afford £300 or whatever other astronomical number it could potentially rise to.

Thanks

I guess you're lucky that they didn't clamp or tow you. The general advice is not to pay these charges. £150 is extortionate. NCP will not have suffered damages amounting to this and therefore you shouldn't pay.

You can expect to receive some bumf escalating various threats. They'll obtain the RK details from the DVLA but will have to establish who the driver is to take this any further. You are within your rights not to tell them.

The basic rules are

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Goto 1

In the extremely remote event you receive court papers, and I stress this is highly unlikely, then post back here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold on - they just moved the car or they clamped it?

Sorry I was still pretty seething this morning (calmed down a bit now).

They didn't clamp it - merely lifted it out of the space on to the curb about 2 metres away.

I'm with you, my mate got done for the same thing for £65 at the same place and now they are trying to charge me £150?

Thankfully my cars insurance policy will let anyone drive it who has insurance. So good luck proving I parked the car there!

I'll probably get yelled at for this but ...

I would never suggest that £150 or anything more than what it actually cost to move your car is reasonable or that you should pay it but I have had to deal with this problem this week.

Admittedly the guy winding me up was parking in my space every night rather than it just being a one off, but it seriously inconvenienced me as the only options I had were to pay to park elsewhere or risk upsetting one of my neighbours by parking in their space.

Can I suggest that if you have to do this again because there aren't any visitor spaces, you leave a note clearly displayed in your car apologising for any inconvenience and giving the flat number you are visiting in case someone needs you to move your car?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi,

I'm pretty angry and the pr*ck who phoned them

So, this pr!ck knew who you were and where you were did he? If I was that pr!ck I would want you shifted too! You seem to be suggesting that the pr!ck should have just parked in someone elses space, what - and then get moved himself to suit you?

Luckily the charge is nothing more than a request which you can ignore.

Like I said I was pretty narked off this morning still!

It was a once off - normally I just walk over as I dont live far away but it was ****ing down with rain and I had to nip to the shop first. Historically I've done it and left notes but as there was a plethora of other spaces around I didn't really think about it.

It could have even been a routine patrol because they are known for it, but I doubt they'd check individual cars so I'm still inclined to believe the spaces owner phoned it through as they couldn't get it touch we me otherwise. In the first instance though I would leave a warning that it will get towed if it happens again.