steviegrules

Suspended with no explanation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner and i work for the same large firm. We arrived at work today when our supervisor informed us our duty manager needed to see us in the canteen. After waiting 10 mins or so we were joined by another supervisor who was to meet the same duty manager. The duty manager then came in and i asked him jokingly if I was in trouble because we had to meet him in the canteen. He said he didn't know anything about it and he hadn't said to meet him here. Then another duty manager came in and took me into a room with supervisor I'd just been sat with, read me the suspension policy and said I was being suspended for alleged gross misconduct. I asked what I had supposed to have done and the duty manager said he wasn't allowed to tell me. Same thing happened to my partner(who was in tears). Just wanted to know if they were allowed to suspend you and not give a valid reason. I can't think of anything we have both done wrong. Investigation is tomorrow. Thanks in advance

Good practice would be that you were provided with a letter notifying you of your suspension, the reason why and when you are required to next attend work / will be contacted.

It might be neccessary in some circumstances to suspend someone and not divulge the reason why, if the employer feels that to inform the employee would compromise any investigation.

You should recieve full pay for the period of your suspension.

Do you know when you are required to attend work next?

If you're not contacted by your employer within a short period of time, make sure that you contact them.