Tiny1983

Natwest default help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've posted this in the Natwest forum RE charges but thought may be best to post again in here.

Basically long story short, I went overdrawn by £1.18 about 2 years ago, quickly put £2.00 back into the accont 72 hours later. However upon receiving my statement I had been charged and the kept on going despite me phoning and explaining what happened. It was now escalated over £470.

At this point I was obviously trying to get my charges back but with the court rulings they have passed it to a company called Triton. I have phoned them today and they offered me £135.00 to clear it as they can see the debt is made of of charges and interest. I asked wether this is now a default and they said the next time my credit file is updated it will be marked as a default and there jack I can do about it.

I have been saving for a mortgage for the past 24 months or so and have managed to get a decent deposit together but I've been warned with 1 default on my file there is little to no chance of me obtaining a mortgage. I've dealt with all other finances other than this ridiculous Natwest account.

Is there anything I can do in regards to the Natwest default, a good letter to send? Should I send a letter pleaing with them to remove it. I just feel at a loss right now.

Thanks in advance.

Tiny.

Hi they did exactly the same with me last year, and now got a default on all my credit files, tried getting a mortgage earlier this year and their was only 1 company who would touch me, called blemain finance apr way too high and pulled out of buying glad i did as they are right sharks (found out later. Did they send you a letter saying they placed a default on your credit file? and i will dig out a site with some temp letters on to try and get bank to remove it. It was triton who chased me, they are an in house debt collection company for RBS.