style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently our landlord served us with notice as she wants the property back. Therefore we have to be out by 5/1/10. She did this immediately after we refused her entry to do an extra inspection.

She had told us she was comming on the Thursday, I immediately told her that would be inconvenient, and arranged for her to come the following Monday. She arrived on the Thursday and I refused to let her in. Next day we had notice to quit.

A couple of days ago we had a letter saying she was bringing people to view the property today. I refused to let her in, and closed the porch door on her. She then used her key to enter and I prevented her from gaining full entry. She called the police, and was told she had a 2 hour wait for them to arrive.

She then said, I had a choice either to let her past, or stand there for 2 hours. I was not prepared to stand with my front door open and my heating on, so physically pushed her through the front door and locked it behind her.

She immediately turned to the "new tenant" and said "you witnessed that."

Police turned up. Says she has accused me of (v v minor) assault. I was prepared to let them look at the ground floor, no doors hanging off or obvious damage. Not even a picture hung on the walls.

So, as far as I am aware we are entitled to enjoy the peace of the house (our rent is up to date) and she does not have any right to show anyone round until after we have left the property.

We think the police should consider prosecuting her for illegal entry and harrassment- they say it is a civil matter.

Is this right?