after some advice please

mrgree01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello hope your good today well better then me anyway.

i was wondering if anyone could offer a little advice regarding gamestation.

on the 10/11/09 i ordered two xbox 360's modern warfare 2 super elite consoles all arrived no probs there.

anyway on the 24th i changed my mind and sent them back (still sealed)

using gamestations FREE returns address on there website, i must also add there was/is no mention of obtaning a returns a authorization number on there website.

so i took both parcels to the post office with the returns address sticker attached and was a bit stunned when the lady only gave me two slips of paper with no tracking info just got a post office stamp and gamestations address on them

(certificate of posting it's got written on them)

now this is where i am getting worried i rang up gamestation today to chase up my refunds and only to be told there is no record of the xboxs being returned, now i am really crapping myself thats £500.00 in the post somewhere.

my question is if royal mail have lost them who is liable? me or gamestation, i was holding on to the hope gamestation was since they paid for the return postage or am i wrong? will i have any rights under my visa debit card if they insist on not refunding? i really cant afford to lose this much money on top of xmas :sad:

any advice of best way forword would be great,

sleepless night for me tonight!

thanks for haven a read

mike :(

Edited by mrgree01

Question: How do I return something?

Answer: If you have purchased the product after October 23, 2008 and you wish to return it to the online store, then please read the following instructions:

You can return goods directly using the postage-paid label you will receive with your goods: ~ If the product is still sealed and in mint condition please use the code M001 in the RMA number section on the Return address label and please state 'Exchange' or 'Refund'. ~ If the product is faulty please use the code F001 in the RMA number section on the Return address label and please state 'Exchange' or 'Refund'.

The address for returns is:

Gamestation Returns Department

FREEPOST SCE4702

Telford Road

Basingstoke

RG21 6YJ

If you return any products to us, please obtain a free Proof of Posting receipt from the Post Office.

Please Note:

• International customers should be aware that we are unable to refund any postage and packing costs incurred in returning a product to us under our Returns Policy.
  • Items bought in 'bundle deals', such as 2 for £30.00 or hardware and software packs, if returned separately, will result in the full price being charged for other items in the special offer - and the refund adjusted accordingly.

We may also be able to arrange courier collection for certain items, including large, bulky or high valued parcels. Please call our Customer Services on +44 (0) 845 345 0335 for more information.

If you purchased the product before October 23, 2008 and you wish to return it to the online store, then you will need to call Customer Services on +44 (0) 845 345 0335 where a representative will assist you in returning the product.

• Haha 1

Hi thanks for the reply. i never paid the postage cost i sent them back to the free post address, gave the two boxs to the post office lady and she gave me "two certificates of posting slips"

it was not to later on in the day i seen there was no tracking number, just a post office stamp and gamestations address on the slips.

up intill today gamestation is saying they dont have them :(

Edited by mrgree01

Proof Of Postage Does Not Mean Proof Of Delievry Means Nothing These Days

Your Contract Ended When The Goods Were Passed To Royal Mail

Its Down To Gamestation To Claim Off Royal Mail

Dont Lose Those Cirtificate Of Posting, Send Game A Photocopy, Not The Original

Ask Gamestaion To Refund Your Card And To Take It Up With Royal Mail

Let Me Know If Game Or Royal Mail Give You Any Grief And Ill Show You How To Bypass All The Corporate Crap

hi many thanks for the advice, u have put my mind at rest at least regarding who is liable for the loss in the post, if they r even lost in post for all i know they could be in gamestations warehouse lost!

if i was paying for the return postage they would of went tracked and fully insured for £500.

i will post back on monday after ive spoke to gamestation

enjoy the rest of the weekend!

thnaks

mike

Thanks for your help gamestation refunded in full this morning on the grounds of proof of postage they say they still dont have the xboxs but i dont care where they r anymore! :-D

thanks again!

Hello hope your good today well better then me anyway.

i was wondering if anyone could offer a little advice regarding gamestation.

on the 10/11/09 i ordered two xbox 360's modern warfare 2 super elite consoles all arrived no probs there.

anyway on the 24th i changed my mind and sent them back (still sealed)

using gamestations FREE returns address on there website, i must also add there was/is no mention of obtaning a returns a authorization number on there website.

so i took both parcels to the post office with the returns address sticker attached and was a bit stunned when the lady only gave me two slips of paper with no tracking info just got a post office stamp and gamestations address on them

(certificate of posting it's got written on them)

now this is where i am getting worried i rang up gamestation today to chase up my refunds and only to be told there is no record of the xboxs being returned, now i am really crapping myself thats £500.00 in the post somewhere.

my question is if royal mail have lost them who is liable? me or gamestation, i was holding on to the hope gamestation was since they paid for the return postage or am i wrong? will i have any rights under my visa debit card if they insist on not refunding? i really cant afford to lose this much money on top of xmas :sad:

any advice of best way forword would be great,

sleepless night for me tonight!

thanks for haven a read

mike :(

Probably, I'll get into trouble for this but, well, here goes :)

You ordered two xbox's, which were delivered but not opened, still sealed you said, that's odd in itself as most people open a new xbox within a few seconds of receiving it. 14 day's later you decide you have changed your mind and send them back.

Weird.........................

Hammy:)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Probably, I'll get into trouble for this but, well, here goes :)

You ordered two xbox's, which were delivered but not opened, still sealed you said, that's odd in itself as most people open a new xbox within a few seconds of receiving it. 14 day's later you decide you have changed your mind and send them back.

Weird.........................

Hammy:)

Christmas gift?