Equidebt/Robinson Way - old CAt debt

Ronnie1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are ringing me at home & in work at moment!

Robinson Way appear to have my old address on file but my work & current home telephone number.

Checked on Royal Mail & RW have received my telephone harassment letter today. Let’s see if they take notice & what happens from here.

Response to my e-mail from RW:

We acknowledge with thanks your recent email. Please provide us with your telephone number that we are calling you on, as we are unable to locate your account.

Are Equidebt & Robinson Way part of the same company?

Robinson Way appear to have my old address on file but my work & current home telephone number.

Checked on Royal Mail & RW have received my telephone harrassment letter today. Let’s see if they take notice & what happens from here.

Response to my e-mail from RW:

We acknowledge with thanks your recent email. Please provide us with your telephone number that we are calling you on, as we are unable to locate your account.

Are Equidebt & Robinson Way part of the same company?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was looking through my paperwork though & it seems Equidebt wrote to me at my current address in Dec 09 about this to which I responded with the proove it letter - they received proove it letter on 7th Dec 09.

Should I write back referring that they haven't answered my proove it letter or leave it for now?

Today I have received a letter from Equidebt on behalf of their client Robinson Way at my new address saying I owe £624.00, but can settle today with payment of £187.00.

Offering such a discount could be taken as a fair indication that they have no paperwork to back the claim up and are hoping you'll jump at the offer therebye giving at least some kind of return

Shall I send proove it letter? This is first time they have wrote to me at new address?

Hi Ronnie

I'd just sit back and see what arrives next, let them do the work for now

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I wrote to Equidebt referring to my original proove it letter pointing out that they hadn't answered etc etc, so had no right to persue me.

Today I've received a response - sent near enough immediately after receiving my letter.

I confirm receipt of your letter and the contents of which have been noted. The matter has been referred to our vendor for further instructions.

We will contact you once we have received a reply from our vendor, if in the meantime you need to contact us about any aspect of this matter please call......

Signed from the compliance investigator

Edited by Ronnie1234

In all honesty Ronnie, you'd have been far better off just ignoring them in the first place.

Equidebt do not offer credit - they did not give you the (alleged) credit in the first instance, they are a third party interloper on your contract with your original creditor.

Although I find myself in the minority, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why anyone in financial difficulty feels the need to start paying, or even acknowledge the existence of some turd who didn't lend them the money in the first place. CCA request from the tube driver who takes you to work each day?? - Why?? - because HE says so???

If your original creditor cuts you adrift, it's because they can't be bothered to chase spare money they invested and lent without risk, and was underwritten anyway.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• 3 months later...

Letter received today from Equidebt:

I refer to your request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account. We are unable to provide you with a copy of your credit agreement relating to the above account as it relates to a catalogue debt

It then goes on to say they will continue to chase the account etc - can post all info if need be

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to the game of letter tennis...:bounce:

If you send them anything, then you need to make it VERY CLEAR that you will no longer entertain their correspondence and will report their disregard of the OFT debt collection guidelines to the OFT & TS, and if they insist on cotinuing to harass you either by misusing the communication network or sending threatening correspondence, you will report them to the Police for offences under the Protection from Harassment Act, the Communications Act and the Malicious Communications Act, you also reserve the right to charge them £10 for every telephone they make to your personal land line, and £25 for every letter they send to your address.

I've woken up in a bad mood....:rant:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 6 months later...

Letter received from Equidebt:

We know that you have been unable to clear this account.

This debt is currently registered and may affect your future credit rating.

Then it lists various payment methods.

Shall I ignore or write back saying the acount is in dispute?