irishboy

What do you think about this?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Got a letter today from a company called Nolans Solicitors (inc Nolan Macleod). It says -

Our Clients - Hillesden Securities Ltd

We confirm as agents for our cliens that we are prepared to consider accepting payment by instalments of the above account provided that we have full details of your means as undernoted.

If we do not receive a reply within 4 days we will proceed further against you.

Attached is an income/expenditure form and a standing order mandate.

However nowhere does it mention what the debt is for or any amount owed.

I have no knowledge of any debt in relation to this company. There is nothining on my credit files to suggest any account history and/or default.

Any suggestions?

Send them a "prove it" letter. Send it recorded delivery, and the alleged debt will then go into dispute when they get the letter, at which point they aren't allowed to chase you until such time as they do provide valid proof.

All letter templates can be found here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Print your name, do not sign.

We confirm as agents for our clients that we are prepared to consider accepting payment by instalments of the above account provided that we have full details of your means as under noted.

And I confirm that your request for such confidential and private information will only ever be disclosed to a Judge in a court of Law, therefore, if this is a legally enforceable debt which I owe, and you are legally allowed to collect, then you will take what 'I' decide 'I' can afford to pay 'you'.

Your delusions of grandeur are as much irritating as they are humorous, and I find your attempt to exploit my 'supposed' lack of knowledge surrounding debt collection extremely amusing.

So please put away your crayons, and hand this to an adult, then go and sit on the naughty step:p

Send them nothing reference your I&E, they are not legally entitled to this information, your in control of your finances not them, so you dictate to them how much you can pay, not the other way around.

And that is if you know you owe this debt? And whether they are legally entitled to collect money from you.

What is the alleged debt, who's it with, or who was it with originally, were you made aware of the DCA seeking money?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!