Barclaycard Arrgh

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x I'm so angry,i just logged on to my account and they dropped my credit limit without notifying me.

The reason they gave is i was late with three payments over the last year,all the late charges were refunded to me as the payments were made on the due date online.

They have marked my credit with three late payments even though they reimbursed them to my account.

I'm absolutley fuming,now i'm going to CCA them and claim back a mis-sold PPI.

I have been told a letter is on it's way to me to explain their decision,angry does'nt even cut it,i'm not paying the greedy *%$%*& another penny:-x

Hi Bsj,

Have they just lowered the a/c limit a bit, or have they dropped it to the approx outstanding balance so you can't use it further.

If it's the latter, you may find they keep reducing it further. However, if you send them the CCA request, they'll do this anyway.

You could write to Barclays HO to complain about the late payment markers but you may not be successful if the payments were technically made late. The refund of charges, they'll say, was a gesture of goodwill and not an acknowledgement of any error on their part.

Were the payments to BC made from a Barclays a/c. If you made them on the due day, they may well show as rec'r by BC the following day.

Be aware that, if you stop payments now when the a/c is not In Dispute, you'll give them further cause to register adverse CRA data which you will find hard to have removed.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yes they dropped it to the outstanding balance,your correct i was told the late payments were a goodwill gesture.

I was so angry yesterday,i was about to order a christmas present,i can't use my debit card as it's electron.

I am going to continue to pay it as i don't want another default on my file,the last one i have drops off next summer and it will be clean,it just made me so incensened that they did it without any notification but as near to christmas as we are.

I am going to claim back the PPI, though they will probably take it off the card,it was sold to me when i opened the account then in 2007 they wrote to me asking me to call them and they set a plan B policy because i was'nt working.

To be honest i have been thinking about cutting it up and closing the account,but life can be made very difficult without a credit card,and i feel it be worse in the future with the big push for on-line shopping,and for being a cashless society.

Thanks for advice slick you were spot on,one other thing i was told,i asked if i pay another amount off the card will my credit limit be dropped further and was told it may be the case,i hate big corporate bullies,they have so much control over the consumer.:(

The late payment markers are not so damaging, I believe, as perhaps a marker for an unpaid loan, etc.

Re the PPI, start a thread for this in the PPI forum. If they won't repay voluntarily and you have to file a claim against them, you can insist that they pay you direct and not knock the settlement off your BC balance.

Read up on the process carefully, claim the best interest you can (which is what may make them refuse to repay initially) and get ready to take them on.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)