Truecall really is a pain in the 'arris to the DCA's!

Thailand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent an email to Truecall asking when their all-in-one device would launch, as I know it will come one day - and I don't really need one right now, thus I can hold off for a while (I still want one now really!)

Their reply had a one-liner in it that made me grin from ear to ear. :D

Hello,

I am more than interested in purchasing a Truecall, but will be

holding back until an all-in-one is on the market. Could you give me

any indication as to how long I might be looking at?

Putting the debt collection industry out of its misery can't come

quick enough. Your product is genius, and all manor of companies that

rely on lies are to be whipped and filleted.

Regards

Thanks for your interest, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm afraid that the 'all-in-one' unit is likely to take a year - we are provisionally planning a launch in 2011. We are currently in development, but we will need to run extensive trials before we launch it as a product into the market.

You are right that the debt collectors are extremely persistent, and that trueCall is really effective. One of our customers has used trueCall to stop over 1,000 debt collection calls in just a 3 month period!

Oooohhh, 4,000 a year EACH! What joy..... the DCA's have enough problems without having to worrying about losing their best business model - breaking laws of the land, OFT guidelines, immorality and unethical business practices.

Can't wait until the OFT etc have great swathes of recorded evidence.

Kudos to all of you that have posted up your videos and sound clips of the muppets - I love it. I've offered to help them with their trials! :D

Well done!

I have a TrueCall unit. Quite useful in the right circumstances.

Unfortunately, being an honest soul (no, not a sole ...) I put on all my letters that calls will be recorded. Sadly no-one calls me anymore.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Thailand why don't you volunteer to be part of their trials?:)

I think you missed the last line of my post, wino. :)

I don't get harrasssed though, of the couple of DCA letters I get, none know my number..shame!

I want one to stop BT, Virgin and the likes to stop godamn fibbing in the future! It's not just DCA's etc, it's the lot of 'em who use the phone thinking they can just say anything to secure a sale and threaten. I've had 5 ISP's since entering the www - and they have all told porkies!

Recording is the next step in beating these cretins up with hard proof - they've all been extracting the urine for too long. :D

The current model is seperate to the phone, whereas the new one will be just a phone...just like answerphones used to be seperate.

Hi

Thanks for the offer - we've a lot of work to do before we get to the point where we are happy to do public trials, but I'll let you know when we are there.

Best regards

Steve

:D