kookie96

Stitched up and sacked for theft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3614 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I worked as a refrigeration engineer for a international manufacturer. I had a service to do one day on two water chillers at a site we look after. i was working with another engineer also. Upon arrival at the site i was informed by my site contact that both chillers was being replaced and one had been completely decommissioned and the other 50% decommissioned. (these chillers are large refrigeration units which chill water down and pump it around the building for comfort cooling)

We completed our work in a short period of time as we never had much to do for the above reasons, so we cleaned up the plant room(following our good housekeeping policy). There was lots of old faulty components scattered on the floor left after previous repairs, which i picked up and put in the skip on site. There was an old compressor full of old oil (which can be carcinogenic) also on the floor. it was clearly beyond economical use stripped down and in bits. We removed this off site and took it to a waste control point ( as the environmental law states we have to as registered waste handlers) The waste handlers we took it to gave us £125 each incentive for using them, they strip the unit, and use the casting for themselves. - one of our line managers told us about this company and suggested using them before, telling us we would get an incentive.

3 months later the client (a different person to my site contact) contacted my company asking if we had removed the compressor, to which I told my manager the absolute truth. we had removed it and taken it to the waste handler in good faith, i was told the client wanted it back, to which we immediately returned it within an hr, with an apology telling the client, it was deemed as waste due to the chillers being scrapped and we are responsible for removing refrigeration hazardous waste, to which they were happy, but said HE never deemed it as waste

My company pressed it as theft, they were 100% bias, i could not believe it, minutes of the meetings and discipline taken by HR were adapted to suit the claims, they changed statements, and left out statements - all in their favor ( i have both the original and the adapted copies to prove this). One issue was they claimed we had not filled out the correct waste transfer note, the companies own note ( which we had never seen) requires the clients signature which would have covered us as it would of shown the customer was aware the item was been removed. My manager sat in the discipline and stated he had personally trained me on it ( which since my termination has been acknowledged to be incorrect by the company). There is a lot more thats happened in the back ground, no attempt was made by the company to investigate claims we made, or to contact people to confirm out statements, no interest all pointed with regards to being bias. I felt the out come had been decided from the start by the MD, which was confirmed by my ex manager when he dropped me off after being sacked.

I am now awaiting my appeal with the company which is being held by the MD next week, the one i know pushed the out come. The other guy sacked with me has had his appeal - this is where they admitted the paperwork trained was never received, also a manager admitting telling us we could receive money for waste items - he wont get his out come until mines done.

i feel it was a difference of opinion between the two people onsite wether it was waste, no harm done and no intention involved on my part.

I was only doing my job, following my companies outlined procedure, and the law - all in black and white in the company handbook! - I've never had problem before!:-x

Any opinions on where we stand?

Cheer's

Kooke96

Edited by kookie96

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Hi all,

Just wondering if i took my previous employer to a tribunal, what's the timescales involved from the moment they receive the application?

Thanks in advance

Chris.

Do you mean how long do they have to respond to your application?

Normally, the respondant must respond within 28 days.

They can request an extension though.

ET's try to hear the case within 26 weeks.

It depends on the circumstances though, there may be pre-hearings, which could extend the time scale.

I had my appeal with the MD of the company 10 days ago, i felt it went reasonably well, but by no means do i think the decision will be over turned. My question is how long do the company have to get back to me with the result, i feel their dragging it out, and with christmas next week i wont hear for a while. They have not sent me the notes taken in the appeal meeting, even tho i have e-mailed and asked for them on several occasions. I am starting to get very annoyed at not knowing!!!!

Thanks in advance......