• Tweets

• If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
    • Ok many thanks. Just wanted to check that nothing else for us to do / send for the moment. Will update again once we receive a copy of their N181 and proposed directions for review. Our post is a bit hit and miss at the moment. Appreciate the help through this process.
    • Yes and will ask you if you are in agreement and or wish to add /remove any direction.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Letter from Mercantile Data Bureau (HELP NEEDED)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not an executed agreement as it stands. There are no terms as posted It's pretty close though if they magic up terms. They have attempted to make it section 18 compliant by separating out the loan and PPI but there should separate signature for both. And there should be an option to not have the PPI.

any other documents?

as it stands they do not have an enforceable debt from what you have posted

they are going to get a charging order , WHICH may entail a CCJ

they aint got a bloddy clue

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

No that's all I've got, so it sounds like good news for me.

I have also heard on the tread that they are only licensed for dept collection and not for anything else.

Do i just ignore the letter and see where it goes?

perhaps you should tell them to get a charging order but you draw the line at that and would contest a county court claim - alas though that may not confuse them enough.

At this stage for this amount I would hit them with both barrels - ****e agreement, do they have an original DN or was it rescinded at point of sale - if they have a dn where is it. do they have a NOA compliant with the law of property act. can they prove the amount, do they have statements.

what do the americans call it? 'shock and awe' tactics

That would be my approach, but I'm not saying its right - I just like to send letters wrapped in a baseball bat to clowns like this. Charging order honestly, it really is the chuckle brothers on tour. NO hang on the chuckle brothers are successful and well like amongst their target audience.

As above, write and tell them that you did not receive a Notice of Assignment from the original creditor as required by the Law of Property Act 1925 S136 and have no proof that MDB has any lawful authority to contact you about this alleged debt. In addition, the application form they sent is not an enforceable agreement because:

1) the figure for the monthly repayment on the alleged loan is illegible

2) there is no option given on the form for PPI

3) PPI needs to be shown separately, showing the premium, interest rate and total cost of the PPI with a separate signature box

4) There are no Terms and Conditions and no statements

If you are sure they bought the debt - and only of you are sure they bought the debt - then you could bring in about the DN but check first and then we can give you more advice on that.

It will take a bit of brushing off because they don't know anything about consumer law but they are up the Swannee without a paddle.

What do you think i should do guys

First and foremost do you want to take them on and make them prove it if they can (and they may be able to who knows) or do you want to negotiate repayment plan.

You've already had a couple of views on the documents which puts you in a position to make that decision better.

Nick, it's you situation and your responsibility to make that basic decision. There are people on here who can help either way.

I wouldn't pay anyone a penny who didn't have proof they had any lawful right to collect the debt, an enforceable agreement and a lawful Default Notice. If they have bought it, they have paid not more than £1500 for it - and are asking you for the full amount. Daylight robbery but it's your call.

I wouldn't pay anyone a penny who didn't have proof they had any lawful right to collect the debt, an enforceable agreement and a lawful Default Notice. If they have bought it, they have paid not more than £1500 for it - and are asking you for the full amount. Daylight robbery but it's your call.

I agree but its not OUR decision is all I'm saying

Guys i want to take them on, from what i've read on here they are bullys and nothing else. I stand up to bullys!

Worse case scenario i end up paying a lesser amount with a deal with them, best case i hit them hard and they right it off

I want to teach them they can't bully people, the way they word there letters intimidates .

Whats my best form of attack guys

OK I assume the letter is without prejudice because of what a judge would say about it s/he saw it. I would refer the their letter when you respond as, thinking ahead, a judge may then allow it, esp. if you ask how they propose to get a charging order without court intervention.

You need to write and tell them that their letter and enclosures do not constitute definitive legally enforceable proof of debt. And that before you will enter into any discussions or even consider acknowledegement of the alleged debt the must provide you with

a fully compliant and enforceable agreement - 127(3) prevents enforcement of what they have sent.

a notice of assignment from the OC compliant with the Law of Property Act 1925

a true copy of any default issued by the OC under 87(1) that would allow the enforcement and sale.

any termination notice issued under 76/98

full statements of account and a breakdown of how and why they believe the sum they have to be accurate.

Have I missed owt?

Should i also include some time scale that they need to provide all this information?

the timescale is that the matter remains in dispute until they provide the proof. You will not acknowledge or discuss the matter further unless and until they prove that there is anything that you need to discuss and that you 'certainly will not pay them money just because they say you should'. After all there isnt even a notice of assignment to prove the debt is theirs.

Imagine if I walked up to you in the street and said 'hoy, you, you used to have a credit card with notabank plc. Well you owe me the money now so get yer wallet out'

- it amounts to the same thing. they need to prove legal title and that there was a default and that there was an enforceable agreement. Until then the only timescale you need to worry about is that prescribed in the limitations act 1980.

so, the timescale you speak of is basically prove it before it becomes statute barred - but dont put it like that.

OK here's my first stab at it

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you regarding your letter dated 30th November 2009, for which i have no knowledge off the implied dept your company is associating me with.

The contents of the letter and enclosures do not prove to me you have definitive proof and legal enforcement of this alleged dept and before i enter into any further written discussions or even consider acknowledgment of the alleged dept you must provide me with the following original documents:

1. Fully compliant and enforceable agreement - 127(3)

2. Notice of assignment from the OC compliant with the Law of Property Act 1925

3. A true copy of any default issued by the OC under 87(1) that would allow the enforcement and sale.

4. Any termination notice issued under 76/98

5. Full statements of account and a breakdown of how and why you believe the sum allegedly owed is accurate.

I must reiterate that until the above documents are provided by your company i will not acknowledge or discuss this matter further with with Mercantile Data Bureau (MDB) or any company associated with MDB