Letter from Mercantile Data Bureau (HELP NEEDED)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I can anyone help me, i have just received a recorded delivered letter from the above saying the following :

You have chosen to ignore my resent letter (which i did as i thought they were Phishing) This is disappointing as i wanted to give you opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

On investigation, i have concluded that you are the owner of the above address property, title number etc. etc. copy of register enclosed.

Also, please find enclosed copy of agreement and further supporting documentation to confirm this is your dept.

I require you to contact me as a matter of urgency to discuss clearing this balance. Non contact will result in your file being passed to direct legal and collections litigation department to enforce a charging order on your property and also may entail a county court judgment with an attachment of earnings through your employer.

I will hold this file until etc.etc if no contact or payment has been made i will have no option but to instruct legal proceedings .

The docs they have enclosed are a Credit agreement and various different utilities bills.

I am really worried about this and don't know what my next move should be please can someone help!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please find enclosed copy of agreement and further supporting documentation to confirm this is your dept.

Can you upload this document (minus personal details so that we can see if it is valid

Non contact will result in your file being passed to direct legal and collections litigation department to enforce a charging order on your property and also may entail a county court judgment with an attachment of earnings through your employer.

They cannot enforce a charging order without going to court first. That statement above is misleading

I will hold this file until etc.etc if no contact or payment has been made i will have no option but to instruct legal proceedings .

The docs they have enclosed are a Credit agreement and various different utilities bills.

I am really worried about this and don't know what my next move should be please can someone help!

have a look at this thread ( a few months old but relevant)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/186281-mercantile-data-bureau-ltd.html

See if there is anything in there that could help

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I take it the agreement and 'all supporting information' are compliant?

and as foxy says:

'Non contact will result in your file being passed to direct legal and collections litigation department to enforce a charging order on your property and also may entail a county court judgment with an attachment of earnings through your employer.'

is utter nonsense

Have you heard from any creditors that MDB are acting on their behalf? In other words do they have the authority to take the actions they taking and threatening?

If you haven't heard of them or from them then I would tackle this issue first. You will have to do this on a creditor basis.

Sound like nice people ... perhaps I'll get to meet them one day ...:)

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Mercantile Data Bureau is part of the FACCENDA GROUP.

Other companies in the group are Hillesden Securities, Direct Legal & Collections (DLC) etc

The Faccenda Group are poultry farmers!

However, clearly there is much more money to be made out of harassing consumers, than being chicken pluckers!

Event Details

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number Licence Status Applicant/Holder Name

0545676 Current Mercantile Data Bureau Limited

Event Details:

Event Number Event Type Date of Receipt Closed Date Status

2 Variation 22-Aug-2008 04-Nov-2008 Completed

Licence Event Details:

Address Type Address Action

Principal Place Of Business Direct Legal & Collections, Buckingham Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7DN Added / Retained

Registered Office Direct Legal & Collections, Buckingham Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7DN, United Kingdom Added / Retained

Categories:

Category Action

Credit reference agency Removed

Debt adjusting/counselling Removed

Debt administration Added

I am reading this correctly, i should just see what happens with the next letter if there is a next letter, the first contact they had with me was 19th August 2009, i ignored this thinking they were Phishing, now get this threatening letter with all the enclosed doc's to scare the **** out of me.

I don't want to get a charging order or CCJ against me, i definately don't want anyone knocking on my door, i have a young family and would not put them through it.

Mercantile Data Bureau is part of the FACCENDA GROUP.

Other companies in the group are Hillesden Securities, Direct Legal & Collections (DLC) etc

The Faccenda Group are poultry farmers!

However, clearly there is much more money to be made out of harassing consumers, than being chicken pluckers!

I'm not a chicken plucker I'm a chicken plucker's son and I'm only plucking chickens 'til the chicken plucker comes.

Or was it pheasants? I'm not a pleasant... yes that's it pheasants:D

I am reading this correctly, i should just see what happens with the next letter if there is a next letter, the first contact they had with me was 19th August 2009, i ignored this thinking they were Phishing, now get this threatening letter with all the enclosed doc's to scare the **** out of me.

I don't want to get a charging order or CCJ against me, i definately don't want anyone knocking on my door, i have a young family and would not put them through it.

Can you explain the bit in the 1st post about utility bills, it went over my head.

What type of debt is it? and exactly what are the documents they sent

They first contacted me 19th August saying, your owe a dept and we are conducting back ground searches to see if you own your house etc.

This is the first i heard from them, the dept was taken out when i was living in a property in 2005, i have moved many times since and this is the first time anyone has contacted me.

In this letter i got today by recorded post, they enclosed a land registy doc, showing i own the house, a credit agreement (Photocopy) and some utility bills which i sent in when the original loaners (Abbey) wanted them.

You really need to scan and post this agreement you have been sent so we can check it out. Blank out your personal details.

As for the utility bills.... They have just included them to scare the crap out of you. They mean nothing and they just got them in the package when they got assigned the debt. So ignor the whole we have been tracing you/spying on you bulls**t.

This will all rest on the enforcability of the agreement and if we cannot see it then its hard for us to help. if you cannot scan it then use the forum search to see if there is the same paperwork posted by someone else on another thread and link it to us but we really need to see the agreement to see where you stand.

As has already been said, you need to scan the 'agreement' and post it on here (minus your personal details).

Mercantile Data Bureau are DLC and Hillesden.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

My thread from July 2007:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/106969-dlc-big-problem-long.html#post1027300

They use the 'Land Registry search' as a way of scaring you half to death.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

yes just utility bills.

Hi Angry Cat what does your thread mean, are they not licienced?

Hi Nick!

They are licenced for debt collection but they are no longer licenced as a credit reference agency:

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0545676Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Mercantile Data Bureau Limited 1829604

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Debt administration

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

MDB

Mercantile Data Bureau

Issued Date: 16-Nov-2003 Date Maintenance Payment Due: 15-Nov-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Robin Michael Faccenda

Susan Faccenda

Nature of Business:

Debt Adjusting

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Buckingham Road, BRACKLEY, Northamptonshire, NN13 7DN

Registered Office C/o Faccenda Group, Willow Road, BRACKLEY, Northamptonshire, NN13 7EX, UK

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business ., Buckingham Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7DN

Registered Office ., Willow Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7EX

Registered Office ., Willow Road, Brackley, Northanptonshire, NN13 7EX