tiaposy

Welcome Unlawful charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3655 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In light of the result from the 'Supreme(!)' court regarding bank charges, can I still claim charges from Welcome?

I owe them £140 and they owe me £155 in charges, the last one being a £50.00 charge for a 'SKIP TRACE', just because I wouldn't answer the phone to them!!

Thanks

letters I have received from Welcome either say they do not subscribe to the banking code or they do subscribe to the banking code, Ive had both. They quote whatever suits them at the time. However, they are not a bank and they cannot justify the charges they make. For instance a phone call by a person on 25k and working 37.5hr/ week works out at about 25p/minute. £5 or £10 is a penalty and cannot be justified as actual cost to them. This is just my opinion of course but the facts justify serious protest. Ask them to detail actual cost for these various charges to enable you to properly challenge them

Thanks.

They are expecting the last payment from me, so should I just write and put the account in dispute and ask for details of the charges?

I paid them by card once, and gave them they incorrect card number - they charged me £5.00 for that one!

as the outstanding is less than the disputed charges I would ask them to justify these charges to your satisfaction before you will make the final payment. Tell them as far as your concerned this is a dispute and it is up to them to supply the detail of these charges for your examination. Also say that if they ignore you then you will consider the account fully paid. These charges that they add when they feel like it get on my wick. I suppose you have the individual charges detailed as on a statement. Again this is only my opinion and the way I would tackle it, others more experienced on here may have a different input.

Wow, they don't give up to they?

I have written to the head office. I am still getting daily calls from the local office. Bearing in mind they shut at 5.00 they have just rung me from one of their mobiles (I kept a note of the 4 different ones from last time!).

I sent a message back saying all correspondance is to be in writing only. They are now sending texts asking who I am!

I have said "you work for welcome, you phoned me". They are now trying with the number witheld!

They really don't employ the brightest people do they?? Made me chuckle though

I didnt think they were allowed to use mobile numbers??

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I have four in my phone they have used - not sure if they are company mobiles or their own private ones!