mkb

N1 issued for non-compliance with SAR

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Letter today saying pay £10 for SAR info!

What they seem to overlook is that the £10 was enclosed with the request so I rang PO to check & lo and behold it was cashed on 22/09.

Very snotty letter being sent today saying get lost, you've had the money by way of a PO already & by the way, don't forget the time scale to get me the info then telling them that failure to do so will mean a breach of the 6th principle & a complaint to the ICO.

Never even thought of that :eek:

Letter posted & a 'reminder' letter to **** to comply with CPR - both RD of course :)

Gary - I've put some stuff on your thread that should help :)

Keep in touch & yell if you need help or just to let off steam cos I'm sure there will be plenty of that before you can close the file :rolleyes:

What they seem to overlook is that the £10 was enclosed with the request so I rang PO to check & lo and behold it was cashed on 22/09.

Very snotty letter being sent today saying get lost, you've had the money by way of a PO already & by the way, don't forget the time scale to get me the info then telling them that failure to do so will mean a breach of the 6th principle & a complaint to the ICO.

Did a complaint to ICO.

Eventually issued an N1 to force compliance with SAR request!!

Defence received by SCM saying that we had not paid for the info then lo & behold some stuff supposedly being our SAR with letter dated......the same day!!! Shame the SAR is incomplete :rolleyes:

When we next hear from court re the N1, what should we be doing?

They have now complied (sort of) but kinda thinking that I want our costs back :p

Any advice anyone - years since I was a claimant & not sure what to do next.

Edited by mkb

They have either complied fully or not.

If they haven't, then get them in front of a Judge.

Have a look at this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/208966-me-them-sar-non.html

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks SS - had a read - inspiring stuff :)

Suspect OH will be doing the same very soon :(

Why oh why they can't simply play by the rules is beyond me :eek:

Probably why have they now re-named themselves SCM ? :rolleyes:

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can I suggest you phone the post office back and ask them to confirm in writing for you that the postal order was cashed. This was a crucial piece of evidence in the case that supasnooper linked you to above. You can even tell them why you require it, they are really helpful.

The telephone number is 01246 542091.:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Already done CB & have a nice letter from Post Office confirming it :D

Already done CB & have a nice letter from Post Office confirming it :D

Missed this earlier, brilliant. That should sort them out, once and for all. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It was suggested that I start a seperate thread for this issue I have with Black Horse.

Briefly, OH requested SAR info & got letter back saying pay £10. He replied saying get stuffed, you've already had it. Continued refusal to provide SAR info despite a complaint to ICO so N1 issued to force compliance.

Defence received from them stating that they not received the £10.

We have confirmation from PO that the postal order for £10 was banked in Sept 09.

Now got AQ 149 from court......

Comments, suggestions & help very welcome please guys :)

I see that you've posted on the thread of the link below.

Although FUAFB was tackling LTSB, the principle is the same against any financial institution.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/208966-me-them-sar-non.html

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

I will move those posts from your other thread in a while mkb. Keep it all nice and tidy.:D

Righto, thats done now. Obviously the post you started your thread off with today, has moved down a bit cos of the dates:D

Edited by citizenB

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Hi mkb, how are things with this ?

When you submit a summary judgement application, it should halt any further procedures.

However, in my case, the Judge felt it necessary to have both sides complete the AQs as well.

It might be a good idea to phone your court and ask..

If I submit an application for Summary Judgement, do I need to complete the AQ as well ?

All typed up & ready for taking to court on Monday :)

OH dreading the hearing tho cos I'm the one thats done all the work so will have to make sure he is fully primed before-hand :lol:

Any useful tips much appreciated...

All typed up & ready for taking to court on Monday :)

OH dreading the hearing tho cos I'm the one thats done all the work so will have to make sure he is fully primed before-hand :lol:

Any useful tips much appreciated...

Yes, that appears to be the situation with many cases on the forums.. where one person does all the work, then the other has to perform in court.

There should be no reason why you cant go into court with OH.. some Judges are pretty cool about letting the OH participate. You could ask before hand.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS