Remove Default from CRA?

ipkiss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 3 defaulted accounts with Amex that defaulted Aug 2008. Since then I have sent CCA requests and Amex did not produce the CCA's or respond to any of the requests.

My question is: Since it is affecting my credit rating, should/can I pursue Amex to have the Defaults removed as they have not produced the CCA's or am I just inviting trouble from them? 1 Year has passed and waiting 5 more for it to lapse, seems a very long time.

Thanks

The lack of an agreement does not mean there is no debt. The debt still exists, but whilst Amex are in default of your request they just can't enforce it. Technically therefore the information on your credit file is correct.

You could try to get the defaults removed (have a read of some default removal threads to get an idea of what may be involved) but as you've worked out yourself it's tantamount to inviting them to either find agreements and start demanding payment or start demanding payment anyway.

It is of course absolutely your decision and you will get all the help you need whichever way you decide to go.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Many Thanks Reallymadwoman,

Thats what i figured, but wanted to double check on here just in case. The three defaults for such high amounts are affecting my rating hugely, but rather that than stirring up a beehive.

Thanks again - scales tipped!