pashk0

228 pounds of charges for unpaid items. HELP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

Last year I opened an account in Natwest, they opened me two accounts: Step account and First reserve account.

I had my money on first reserve and used it for ebay shopping through Paypal.

I registered both of accounts to Paypal (with 0 balance at Step account)

One week in September Paypal referred to Step account that had 0 balance and Natwest charged me £38 for each item (6*38=£228 + they will charge an interest at the end of November), the total of 6 items was around 30 pounds.

I have covered these charges by transfering money from First reserve account.

Are there any chances to claim 228 pounds from Natwest?

In steps what should I do?

Thanks in advance

Guest wino

Why did paypal try to take money from step account instead of the other one? I know you say both accounts are registered with them but do you not have to choose one as the main account to take money from?

By mistake I chose my step account as payment option, as a result Natwest charged me 228 pounds.

Guest wino

The charges are steep and I don't hold out much hope of getting them removed as it was your mistake giving the wrong account details.

A few years back after a word with my branch Manager in person he removed over £400 of charges from my account. He said he would only do it once though.

With the supreme courts ruling the banks continue to charge these excesive penalties.

I would start by writing to Natwest explaining your mistake and asking if as a gesture of good will on this occassion they will remove the charges.

Worth a try I think:)

The problem is that I already covered that charges and talked to manager, I will start writing a letter.

But is that any hope that I will get my money back?

Guest wino
The problem is that I already covered that charges and talked to manager, I will start writing a letter.

But is that any hope that I will get my money back?

I really doubt it especially as you have paid already:(

Expensive lesson learnt though. Check you give the right account details next time:oops:

Maybe it is possible to claim my money back, because I am having a hardship situation.

What would you recommend or they would never refund the charges if they are paid already?