polus

The UK's Distance Selling Regulations

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I purchase an integrated motherboard which arrived and was signed for by my neighbour on November 24th. I received it the following evening. On testing it I found that an ancillary card was unstable when plugged into the PCI-E slot.I gave up last night and sent an returns request.

Looking at the spec from the documents received, it states that the slot is for graphics only, but both the manufactures website and retailers website state that it’s a PCI-E expansion slot.

I’ve tested the card in my 4 other PCs, which works as expected, and before I purchase this motherboard tried to check hat it was compatible. Other people who have a similar motherboard with the same chipset report that it works OK so I presume its something with this motherboard.

The retailer is claiming that its my problem and the best they can do is buy it back at a reduced price.

Im not totally ignorant to what must be annoying, folk buying parts which are incompatible but I puchased this specific board because the explansion was stated to be a generic slot.

Shall I flog it on ebay or insist on a full refund?

Guest wino

I would insist on a full refund as the goods are not as advertised.