style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter was driving down a country lane last saturday night, she hit a large pothole which caused her to loose control and hit the hedge.

Taken car (ford KA) to garage and have been told that hitting the pothole has bent the front wheel strut, and caused other bits of damage underneath, due to age of car (2002) have been told it's not worth repairing.

She only passed her test 6 months ago and so only has 3rd party insurance, so cannot claim on that.

My question is does she have any claim against our local council due to the state of the lane and the pot holes??

Thanks

Hi sunshinex5 and welcome to cag:)

I have just had a look on the Highways Agency website and it clearly states that they are responsible for:

Highways, Footways & Cycleways General Maintenance

• It’s our responsibility to ensure potholes are filled and the road is safe to travel on.

Obviously the road your daughter had her accident on was not safe. Were the Police involved? Did she get an incident report.

I would definatly get in touch with the Highways Agency and ask what there procedure for compensation is.

You need to report the pothole as dangerous but get photos of it before it gets filled in.

Highways Agency - Complaints Procedure

http://www.highways.gov.uk/aboutus/documents/S070513_Putting_Things_Right_WEB_(2).pdf