Jump to content

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3639 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My daughter was driving down a country lane last saturday night, she hit a large pothole which caused her to loose control and hit the hedge.


Taken car (ford KA) to garage and have been told that hitting the pothole has bent the front wheel strut, and caused other bits of damage underneath, due to age of car (2002) have been told it's not worth repairing.

She only passed her test 6 months ago and so only has 3rd party insurance, so cannot claim on that.


My question is does she have any claim against our local council due to the state of the lane and the pot holes??



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wino

Hi sunshinex5 and welcome to cag:)


I have just had a look on the Highways Agency website and it clearly states that they are responsible for:


Highways, Footways & Cycleways General Maintenance


  • It’s our responsibility to ensure potholes are filled and the road is safe to travel on.

Obviously the road your daughter had her accident on was not safe. Were the Police involved? Did she get an incident report.

I would definatly get in touch with the Highways Agency and ask what there procedure for compensation is.

You need to report the pothole as dangerous but get photos of it before it gets filled in.


Highways Agency - Complaints Procedure



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...