• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mills1vEgg

mills1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi mills1,

I'm sure someone will be along soon that can comment on your agreement. It's a lot newer than my card one so quite different. Mine was 2001 when the application was online but a further executed agreement was sent out for signing so a bit different.

Going back to your original (1st) post, I believe that if they try and hike the interest you can object and refuse to accept this. They cannot then impose a higher rate provided you meet the minimum monthly payment AND provided you no longer use the card. Heard it on an interview on BBC London with Martin Lewis!

Hope this helps,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hows that?

Thanks.

Images are fine now btw

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi mills1,

I'm sure someone will be along soon that can comment on your agreement. It's a lot newer than my card one so quite different. Mine was 2001 when the application was online but a further executed agreement was sent out for signing so a bit different.

Going back to your original (1st) post, I believe that if they try and hike the interest you can object and refuse to accept this. They cannot then impose a higher rate provided you meet the minimum monthly payment AND provided you no longer use the card. Heard it on an interview on BBC London with Martin Lewis!

Hope this helps,

M

Thanks Mand :)

The card is in shreds :) I objected and they left me on the lower rate.

But if it is that the agreement is unenforceable? all the better :)

Thanks again.

Hi mills1,

Hope this helps,

M

Slight adjustment to this>>>>>> I think it's if you make your NORMAL monthly payment. What I mean by this is if you usually pay a few hundred a month and suddenly you revert to the minimum (which might be only ten or twenty pounds) they might say YOU'VE changed the rules a bit.

Hopefully someone can clarify this further.

M

Slight adjustment to this>>>>>> I think it's if you make your NORMAL monthly payment. What I mean by this is if you usually pay a few hundred a month and suddenly you revert to the minimum (which might be only ten or twenty pounds) they might say YOU'VE changed the rules a bit.

Hopefully someone can clarify this further.

M

Thanks Mand, I think I saw that aslong as I continued to pay the minimum payment and did not use the card again then that would be fine, will have to go have a look...cheers :)

Found.............

In Condition 17.1 it states 'We can vary any interest rate (other than fixed rates). The variation may take account of factors that are personal to you such as the way in which you conduct your account or increased or decreased credit risk as well as factors that apply generally. We will give you at least 30 days' advance notice of interest rate increases and at least 7 days' notice of interest rate decreases'.

and..........

Condition 17.2 says 'If we notify you of an interest rate increase under condition 17.1 you can cancel the use of your Card and continue your Agreement with nochange to your interest rate if you tell us you wish to do so before the rate change comes into effect return or destroy all Cards when you notify us and make no further Transactions. Following notification from you regular payments that have been set up on your Account will not be paid. It is your responsibility to cancel any continuous payment authorities with the recipient. You will still be required to make payments in accordance with the terms of this Agreement which will continue to apply until the Balance is repaid in full'.

:)

Edited by mills1

Events are moving rapidly, with definitive Test Cases heading for judgment in Manchester Mercantlle Court over the next 4 weeks.

Two verdicts so far included a ruling that if an agreement has not been confirmed in court as legally enforceable, then the law will not prohibit the creditor from issuing DN, blacking credit rating, pursuing debt collection etc, i.e. everything except going for CCJ and Charge Order etc.

The second verdict is that the agreement sent to you need not be an accurate copy of the original signed agreement, it can even be reconstructed if the original is misfiled or lost. "If the agreement shows a blank signature it does not prove that no signature was signed." !!! The agreement reconstructed from IT and paper record is apparently sufficient to satisfy the requirement to supply CCA within 12 days. If the CCA is not supplied within the prescribed period, apparently that will not make the debt irredeemably unenforceable in future. In spite of failing to supply CCA on time, on whatever date in future if a valid agreement is supplied in court, apparently a judge will there and then rule it legally enforceable via CCJ, Charge Order etc.

The gist of it is that the creditor can take you to court, and the judge will decide if he choosses to say the agreement is enforceable. If the creditor take you to court, and if the judge rules it to be irredemably unenforceable, then further debt collection activities will probably be disallowed, subject to Test Case confirmation.

Until the creditor takes you to court, it looks extremely unlikely there is any way you can land a preemptive blow, to get a court injunction to rule the agreement as irredeemably unenforceable. McGuffick who tried for that saw the case blow up in his face big time. Injunctions are nomally issued to protect a victim from persecution and probable violence, and cost minimum £11K a piece. Until Egg takes a debtor to court, in the eyes of the law Egg have not even initiated an attempt at legal enfocement. How can anybody take out an injunction against a stalker, if said "stalker" has made no attempt to follow the victim? As to whether credit blackballing and debt collection via DCA constitutes persecution, the McGuffick judge already ruled it not so.

Until the impending Test Case verdict clear away the smoke, your opinion or mine or Egg's or assorted template letters, are pretty irrelevant. Egg focused on the Test Cases will know all this. Within 4 weeks the judges will have ruled, after which the OFT will come off the fence big time, and Egg and other creditors will act accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Making Token payment to Egg having explained circumstances changed etc; also asked for interest and fees be frozen until such time circumstances change, when I told Egg I would inform them.

I have not sent off Income and Expenditure form explaining to Egg that only a judge is legally entitled to see, I have said I am quite willing to let a judge decide.

Egg have not accepted my offer and have said I have an " obligation " under some bankers code to provide an Income and Expenditure to Egg so they can look at my circumstances and put me on the " right plan "

I am going to continue with token payment, any thoughts?

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a letter from Capital Collection Agencies, saying Egg are unaware of any contact with me regarding the debt.

Odd given that I have copies of emails I have sent Egg offering a reduced payment and requesting that interest and fees be frozen.

I have told Egg that all correspondence re the account should be done via email or snail mail, no telephone discussions.

Letter from CCA gives me 72 hours to contact Egg by telephone before one of their agents visit me at home.

Depending how they calculate 72 hours that has now expired, but I have again emailed Egg explaining the situation and advised against anyone from CCA, EGG or any other company representing Egg visiting my home address.

I have informed them that any visit would be treated as harrassment and fos and oft would be informed and the police called.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

I have informed them that any visit would be treated as harrassment and fos and oft would be informed and the police called.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

To keep up with the latest countermeasures against disturbing home visits:

click Search on the blue bar at the top

click Advanced Search inside the popup box

search for keyword VISITS, selecting "present in the thread title"

click "Search Now"

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Mistermind.

I printed off and filled in the complaint form from the OFT I received couple of weeks ago, this has been sent off this morning.

Fed up with Egg taking liberties, basically telling people how communication will be conducted.

" You must telephone us immediately on this number..... "

They just do not get it, when asked to conduct all communication by mail or email.

When told that telephone conversations will not be entered into they still do not get it.

Ignoring customers requests, as if their point of view is all that matters.

Anyway, lets see what OFT make of it.

I have told Egg that as far as I know there was no letter sent to me to inform me that the debt had been sold to Capital Collection Agencies.

That any doorstep visit from anyone associated with Egg will meet with a polite door shut in the face, if needed the police will be called.

They are quick to point out customers obligations but forget their own.

Cowboys.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why Egg are so shy as to not sign their letters they send out?

Have now asked for a copy of the letter of assignment giving Capital Credit Agencies permission to persue the debt.

Should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Another letter from Capital Credit Agencies asking that I contact them by phone, even though I have insisted there will be no contact by telephone, all communication should be kept in writing.

Also no letter of assignment from Egg giving Capital Credit Agencies the power to pursue the debt, I did ask for this in my last communication with Egg.

So far as I am concerned Egg have passed the debt on, from the communication I have received how could I believe otherwise?

Had a reply from OFT thanking me for allowing them to look into my complaint, just waiting for further communication from OFT now.

New twist in the recent letter from Capital Credit Agencies is the threat of a check in to the land registry, this will bear no fruit for them, we rent our house.

Also validation of Employment Details, is the new one on me.

There is the threat also of a home visit from one of " Resolve Call " Contact Managers.

The above threat made even though I have reported Egg for this very behaviour.

As far as I am concerned the account is in dispute.

Any ideas of the way forward?

Cheers.

Now this morning a letter from Egg themselves informing me that my card has been cancelled with immediate effect and I should cut it in two and return it.

Also informing me that payments should be made as normal.

" Your account will remain open for repayment purposes only "

What are they playing at?

• 3 weeks later...

Resolvecall seem to think it ok to make threats of doorstep visits to collect money then tell a customer that they should direct any complaint about their action ( resolvecall ) back to Egg.

" As the instruction to contact you was initiated by Egg it would seem appropriate that your complaint be directed against Egg and, as stated in our previous email to you, resolvecall has closed its records and returned the matter to Egg. "

The above the words from email received from Resolvecall.

I have replied insiting they send me a copy of their code of practice and complaints procedure, I wont hold my breath.