• Tweets

• I think it will be very helpful to let people know more detail about these debts. Who is the original creditor? How much was the debt for? When was the debt incurred? When did you last make any payment or acknowledgement of the debt
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. Thank you for the information, it will help the guys to advise you. Please don't do anything until they've had a look and possibly asked questions.   While  you're waiting, you have other VCS airport threads for Liverpool and Southend, possibly others. It would be worth a read to understand how they operate.   Best, HB
    • What part of never use email Never communicate with a powerless dca hasnt been understood?   If you want to do anything which you should as it also protects your backdoor if the debt were to be sold and a DCA were to litigate as it stands..send our sb letter from the debt collection section of our library   Thats goes to the oc as they still own the debt
    • Good afternoon - I've received a parking charge notice from VCS - grateful for any advice - do I ignore/appeal? Can VCS enforce the restricted zone in this way, covered under bylaws (I think)?   Driver didn't notice signage, vehicle wasn't actually stopped by double red lines (as pictured)   1 Date of the infringement 25/11/19 2 Date on the NTK 29/11/19 3 Date received 4/12/19 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? No 7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services (VCS) 8. Where exactly Bristol Airport - on "privately operated access roads", just outside car park barrier, not car park itself - stopped for 5 seconds to pick someone up, didn't pick them up and drove away when the camera van arrived. Operate under IAS   Thanks in advance!    
    • Hi,    Thanks for any advice I receive in advance.    If I am honest I haven't really cared about my credit file until recently and am just looking for some advice after signing up. I was in a stupid financial position a few years back, i was a fairly typical teenager who didn't care about debt etc but fortunately I have grown up and am looking to improve this.    I have three defaults on my credit file, from February 2014, June 2014 and May 2015.    My question is about what happens when these are removed. I understand that the defaults are removed after 6 years?   But let's take the February 2014 one as an example. In a couple of months time the 6 years will be up on this. At the moment on my credit file it has a default for every single month since that date. In February, does the whole thing get removed or just the first "little red default". So will it actually take 6 years for all these defaults to come off or does the whole debt get removed?   Thanks S
  • Our picks

sailor sam

Parking during the hours of darkness

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just thought I would see what response to this we get! In my neck of the woods (and I meen that literately!) vehicles are always parked in country roads where the speed limit is in excess of 30mph, where there are no street lights and often facing against the flow of traffic. But I have never heard of any tickets being issued for this! Does this happen in your area and if so, what is your opinion on this?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I'm in a suburban area, but I cant see one of those lazy traffic wardens wandering out into the woods lol

The speed limit in my village is 40 and the police have (very) occasionally had a crackdown on cars parked facing the wrong way round and without parking lights. More effective for public awareness is the odd accident. It does come as a bit of a shock to the owner of a parked car to find they are considered responsible when someone has driven into their vehicle in the middle of the night.

unfortunately the "boy racers" label most drivers as irrisponsible.

Thanks guys (so far),

Another consideration should be FOG! What chance would you have at night and in poor visability? As hightail points out; isn't this a subject which is only really dealt with after an accident has occured? And how many of these car owners in question actucally know the laws about parking at night do you think?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I have seen someone getting ticketed for facing traffic on an unlit street, was quite a long time ago though, I was actually asked on my driving test many moons ago, what to do when parking at night, of course I answered correctly lol

:madgrin:

As for FOG - that point to the driver travelling too fast for the conditions. If he wouldn;t have hit the vehicle on a clear night, then the blames remains with them. As for parking lights or facing the wrong way - I think these offences have gone the way of a Dodo - not heard of any action being taken since the 80's.

This is my point Buzby, but it's not just facing the wrong way which is an offence. Its parking where the speed limit exceeds 30mph or in a road where there are no street lights ect. Do these offences only come to 'light' (pardon the pun!) when an accident occurs?

Please Note

Do these offences only come to 'light' (pardon the pun!) when an accident occurs?

Probably. The days of local needs being addressed by the police seem long gone. When the government said burglary was a national problem the police would attend in force to a suspected burglary whilst ignoring anything else. It's a standing joke in my 'sleepy hollow' village that the only way to get the police to take notice nowadays is to report any crime as being committed by a group of drunks pouring out of a nightclub.

Or better still, you think the felon 'might' be carrying a firearm. :)

I am sure there are many 'offences; that are no longer pursued, despite being on the Statute Book. Once they become relegated to the second division they gather cobwebs, until an occasion arises that they might be useful for the extant circumstances prevailing.

I'm sure you are right Buzby. I also think that most of these 'offenders' are probably ignorant of the law in relation to parking at night.

Please Note

The police forget that we arent ALL that bad.. I agree with bubzy, you'd thing that we were all carrying firearms!

Edited by adridude
spelling ONCE again