A little light relief - Metropolitan Collection Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a letter a few days ago addressed to "The Occupier" asking for information about a previous owner of the house. As it happened I know that the person mentioned is now dead, so I decided to be kind and call the freefone number and tell Metropolitan this.

So I called and spoke to this guy, I declined to give any personal details but said i was calling with information. I explained that the previous owner had died approx 18 months ago.

I was a little taken aback when they asked for a forwarding address. Before I could stop myself the words "well.... care of God, Heaven - I guess would be a good place to start".

Silly, I know, but it brought a smile to my face.

Out of interest, is sending a letter to "The Occupier" and then naming the person concerned in the body of the letter permissible? If not I still have the letter and would be quite happy to forward it to the relevant authorities.

If you do send any one the letter, keep the original and just send them copies, the OFT would be very interested to see that these parasites are still ignoring their Guidelines,

out of interest what was their reaction at being told he had passed on?

Did they ask if he had an estate? Or who was dealing with his financial assets? They all need bringing down to their knees, disgraceful behaviour, utterly disgraceful.:evil:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I was a little taken aback when they asked for a forwarding address.

But you should have told them to make a phone call - don't know the number but they could pay for the call with 'Pennies from Heaven'.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)