nick20045

Have made a bit of a Boo Boo and need some advise please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was tearing up some old letters (I do have a shredder but I also have an infallable way to make sure nobody gets their hands on my "hand ripped" letters either) and I tore one that might come in use by mistake.

Guess lucky I did not use the shredder but the question is:

IF I get all the pieces and put it together like a jigsaw using cellotape, can it then be used in Court as evidence?

To be honest I can get away without having access to it. I was more interested in keeping it considering I can show it to the Court (when the summons and hearings arrive) to show that the DCA is as "bent as a shepherds crook".

So, can anybody please advise on this one?

Thanks.

p.s. Fool proof method to protect identity theft from your bin: I use shopping plastic bags as a liner in my waste bin near the computer. Any hand shredded paper goes in there. So does my ashtray contents. Then once half full, it gets tranferred to a small bin in the kitchen. Any gravy, fish (especially fish from the fishmongers which will stink in about 3 days in a bin), chicken skin, in short what is messy and stinks goes in it. When about 3/4 full the cats litter tray is scooped and thrown in the bag before it is sealed and binned. Now anybody wants to go through my bin to see if they can do identity theft on me? :grin::grin:

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

I think you should be ok with the cellotape:

Civil Procedure Rules

Meaning of document

In this Part –

‘document’ means anything in which information of any description is recorded; and

‘copy’, in relation to a document, means anything onto which information recorded in the document has been copied, by whatever means and whether directly or indirectly.

- doesnt say it has to be in one piece!

Many thanks. Looks like Jigsaw puzzle time tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D