mama14

Years of problems with ScottishPower

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband and I have had years of problems with ScottishPower, from not setting our account up right, not sending us a gas bill then after numerous telephone calls from ourselves we get a bill for nearly £1000. We have had debt letters, bailiffs knocking at our door, then last year ScottishPower finally admitted that they had been billing us incorrectly. They owed us money, we didn't owe anything.

They sent us a cheque 2 weeks ago refunding the money they state they owe (we don't agree with this figure). Today (2/12/9) we have received yet another letter from ScottishPower 'unpaid account' £100 (this is the same account number that they refunded the money on 2 weeks ago). The letter states that if we don't pay they will transfer our account to their Legal Agent.

I am at my wits end, could anyone advise me of what to do next.

Hi mama14.

I had long problems with Scottish Power and eventually handed it all over to the Energy Ombudsman to deal with. They were very efficient and got everything sorted and a refund.

Stop telephoning Scottish Power and only write letters sent recorded delivery.

If you don't agree with the figure they have paid you write to them with the facts you have and when they write with their full and final "go away this is all we are gona do for you", report them to the Energy Ombudsman.

You must allow Scottish Power to resolve it in full first.

Check out their website here,

Energy Ombudsman : Home

Good Luck.

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Thank you Night Owl for your advice.

Have been in touch with Consumer Direct, they have emailed a complaint to ScottishPower. If still no joy then the Energy Ombudsman.

Did you ever consider taking ScottishPower to the Small Claims Court to get you money back?

Best Regards,

Mama14

Well done mama14, looks like things are moving forward for you. Its sometimes worth getting the big boys behind you to help! :)

The Energy Ombudsman sorted out my dispute with Scottish Power for me so I didn't need to take it further.

Good luck

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!