msowing

Pipex Problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

This is a query for my parents.

In Aug my parents decided to go back to BT for their phone calls and line they were with Pipex. The contract started on 18th Aug and BT said they needed to do nothing they would do it all. When they checked their bank statements Pipex was still taking the line rental they took it for Sept and Oct, They then cancelled Direct Debit [they didnt notice before because my mam has been in hospital].

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago they had a phone call from Pipex saying that they owed them for Oct line rental. They tried to explain that they had gone back to BT and that BT had notifed them. They deny any record of them leaving so they phoned BT. BT gave them a Ref No. [well it was something like a ref no.], we wrote to Pipex via RD.

Today they have written saying that they have no record of them going to BT or BT contacting Pipex even though they gave them the ref no. They now want a copy of the first bill form BT and a copy of the ''Go Live'' letter.

They are having daily phone calls from Pipex. Pipex phone then ask them to hold the line until someone is available to to speak to them, they hold on for up to 10 mins at a time then the line just goes dead. My parents are getting fed up, mam is recovering from a hip replacement and dad has heart trouble and the constant harrassment is getting to them. Pipex have threatened to disconnect them which is worrying my dad making him ill.

Firstly what is a ''Go Live'' letter?

What can they do about the constant calls?

BTW they having all this hassle for £10.22!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Never trust one company to inform another company of changes to your contracts and circumstances. I've had two instances during my recent house move which nearly lead to me paying out a fortune.

Always do it yourself. If you're cancelling a contract - only YOU can do it or someone with power of attorney over you (or at least that's how I understand it).

Unfortunately, I think you're going to just have to pay up that tenner. Even if BT said they'd cancel on their behalf, I don't believe they have any obligation to do so.

Just your Typical Consumer

Never trust one company to inform another company of changes to your contracts and circumstances. I've had two instances during my recent house move which nearly lead to me paying out a fortune.

Always do it yourself. If you're cancelling a contract - only YOU can do it or someone with power of attorney over you (or at least that's how I understand it).

Unfortunately, I think you're going to just have to pay up that tenner. Even if BT said they'd cancel on their behalf, I don't believe they have any obligation to do so.

Thansk irpurp.

Will tell send the paperwork they asked for first and if they still keep on will just send them the tenner. Not worth much more hassle for for such a small amount.

Just to add... tell them to ask for a "deadlock letter" to escalate the complaint to the arbitrators. (it will cost more than the tenner for them to do this so they'll probably write the amount off)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just to add... tell them to ask for a "deadlock letter" to escalate the complaint to the arbitrators. (it will cost more than the tenner for them to do this so they'll probably write the amount off)

Thanks locutus

Ive never heard of that before but that sound a brill idea. will do the letter for them.