ozzywizard

Lloyds credit card PPI/

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok this is somthing I am helping a close family member with and in turn need a little help from you guys.

He was made redundant from his job but straight away took a temp agency job on a fixed term contract for 13 weeks. At the end of the contract he went on jobseekers so claimed on his PPI. He was refused claim as he had made himself unemployed by taking a temp job.

A few months after he was diagnosed sick so then tried to claim again for his card, this was refused because he can only claim if he is sick from work but as he is not in work to go on sick no claim was allowed .

Current situation is, he needs to cancel the PPI as it is impossible to claim against and his financial circumstances doesnt allow any funds to pay the min payment on card or the PPI that he is monthly charged. Can anyone help with a letter for him to first cancel the PPI.... ? . .

Secondly, once cancelled does he have a case to claim back the last 5 years of payments as he was promised that if he comes out of work or is sick he would be covered and this is clearly not the case.

thanks in advance.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Ok this is somthing I am helping a close family member with and in turn need a little help from you guys.

He was made redundant from his job but straight away took a temp agency job on a fixed term contract for 13 weeks. At the end of the contract he went on jobseekers so claimed on his PPI. He was refused claim as he had made himself unemployed by taking a temp job.

A few months after he was diagnosed sick so then tried to claim again for his card, this was refused because he can only claim if he is sick from work but as he is not in work to go on sick no claim was allowed .

Current situation is, he needs to cancel the PPI as it is impossible to claim against and his financial circumstances doesnt allow any funds to pay the min payment on card or the PPI that he is monthly charged. Can anyone help with a letter for him to first cancel the PPI.... ? . .

Secondly, once cancelled does he have a case to claim back the last 5 years of payments as he was promised that if he comes out of work or is sick he would be covered and this is clearly not the case.

thanks in advance.

Yes write stating the obvious so Lloyds take note.

It will have to be written by your friend but some pointers.

1. I now wish to cancel the PPI attached to the credit card.

2. The PPI was added onto this card but is obviously worthless as two claims have been made against this insurance and both claims have been refused thus proving the product was not fit for purpose when added to the credit card.

3. I will require repayment of all PPI premiums that have been deducted in regard to this credit card and additionally I will require repayment of the contractual interest added on to these premiums and also the 8% statutory interest in each case which is what the Financial Ombudsman Service or a Court would apply.

Now before you start the action, you should ensure all documentation is to hand ie the Consumer Credit Agreement, Terms and Conditions applicable to the CC etc.

If you do not have these documents you would be advised to obtain them by submitting a Subject Access Request (Fee is £10 and postal order is good as you can check when it is cashed)

Better to have all the documents first, prepare your case and then take action. Keep copies of all correspondence as the FOS will require copies if you have to submit a complaint to them.

Please check out the links in the stickies at the top of the forums for a mountain of useful information to assist you along the way. ;-)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks heaps AA.

How does this sound,

This letter is a formal request to cancel my PPI on the above credit card with immediate affect.

The PPI that was added to this card and has been paid without fail every month, however it is obviously worthless as two claims have been made against this policy and both claims were refused thus proving without reasonable doubt that the product was not fit for purpose when added to the credit card.

Due to the above statement and the proven missell of this policy I will require repayment of all PPI premiums that have been deducted in regard to this credit card and additionally I will require repayment of the contractual interest added on to these premiums and also the 8% statutory interest in each case which is what the Financial Ombudsman Service or a Court would apply.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the reasonable time limit of seven days and send me written confirmation the PPI has been cancelled.

Yours faithfully,

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Bump :)

Thanks heaps AA.

How does this sound,

This letter is a formal request to cancel my PPI on the above credit card with immediate affect.

The PPI that was added to this card and has been paid without fail every month, however it is obviously worthless as two claims have been made against this policy and both claims were refused thus proving without reasonable doubt that the product was not fit for purpose when added to the credit card.

Due to the above statement and the proven missell of this policy I will require repayment of all PPI premiums that have been deducted in regard to this credit card and additionally I will require repayment of the contractual interest added on to these premiums and also the 8% statutory interest in each case which is what the Financial Ombudsman Service or a Court would apply.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the reasonable time limit of seven days and send me written confirmation the PPI has been cancelled.

Yours faithfully,

Letter is fine but you may wish to add that you will expect the recovery of any further premiums deducted from the time of your letter to be repaid.

Also add in "If you fail to comply with this request to cancel with immediate effect, a letter of complaint will be submitted to the Office of Fair Trading informing then of the very serious issue of PPI premiums being paid and the required cover being refused."

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

That is great, appreciated AA .. I will ammend with your suggestions and post back when or if a response is received.

That is great, appreciated AA .. I will ammend with your suggestions and post back when or if a response is received.

Will watch for your response but remember banks are full of pre prepared letters, questionnaires, delays, even in some cases allegedly they actually tell lies to prevent repayment of PPI.

Keep at them until you get a PPI refund. If you have been mis-sold and the FOS figures seem to show 90 to 98% of PPI was mis-sold you should chase your money all the way. :)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from