• Tweets

• Hi as this appears to be about a Parking Charge from a PPC,   I have moved your thread to the Private Land parking Forum, where you should get advice targeted to the situation   could you give some history about what the Invoice was for  and who the parking Contractor is  Did you appeal the charge, and it looks like you have had letters from the dreaded useless Gladstones demanding payment  Could you give the information asked for on this sticky and also post the  letter from gladstones to see if it is a Letter Before Claim/Action?    
    • it is also unlawful to change the ownership of a vehicle [or goods] to avoid enforcement action upon them. and this was done after you had already replied to the council regarding the outstanding ticket(s).   be careful upon pursuing a resolution arguing this point.   you could have quite easily changed ownership to gain a parking permit some months previously when getting the first windscreen ticket.              
    • I would start off by sending the bank an SAR. Which bank is it?
    • I agree with you DX100, but N/W don't want to play ball and send a copy of the agreement after 3 requests.  How will this stand if it goes to Court?
    • Sorry if this is in the wrong section as not sure where exactly its best suited.   So, we got the bank statement the other day & noticed 23 separate Xbox in game credit debits for Fortnite for £7.99 each over a 4 week period.  Now the daughter insists she didn't order anything.  And whilst most will say "of cause she would and just denying it etc" well, I'm not going to say I believe her even though I'm assuming using real cash to buy in game credit comes with a clear notification that your using real money (and stating the amount each time) to buy such in game credit.  And whilst I still need to check the Xbox security settings to see if as I think I did, I did set a security pin for purchases a few things are puzzling me on a legal footing and that mainly what I want to ask about.   As the bank statement indicates the card in question is an old card I had replaced and cancelled a while ago, about the time these transactions started.  When I ordered the new replacement I asked for the previous card to be cancelled.  2 weeks later I had to report the replacement card stolen\lost abroad and ordering another again asking for that card to be cancelled to prevent unauthorized use and money being taken from the bank account.   So, in the first instance I've already contacted the bank to enquire how and why they have allowed payments from an old debit card I had replaced and cancelled?.  They suggest that the card was never cancelled when the replacement was ordered and that the old card would remain valid until the expire date in a couple of years time!!!.  I asked them how on earth this can be the case as the replacement card has a completely different number and ordering the replacement should trigger (as per my request) cancellation and usage of said card.  The bank is suggesting otherwise as because the card was valid when setting up Xbox live that the card can always be used even if replaced regardless of reason it was replaced or if we cancelled the card.  They justified this action by saying the payments are continuous payments (similar to direct debit) and that's why they went through and referred me to Microsoft.   I pushed the issue and said they are not continuous payments but single individual 1 off payments that by nature (in game credit) and the number of payments (23 x £7.99) they could never claim them to have been continuous payments as a pre existing agreement for such payments for the game in question would have to exist and have existed when the card was valid which it doesn't.  And therefore these payments should not have been made because they are neither continuous payments and come from an old debit card that was replaced and cancelled.  The bank sort of agreed that these payments maybe are not continuous payments yet are now unsure where I stand.  So I have been referred to there disputes department.   Feeling I'm going to get the same run around on the rights over taking payments from an old replaced card that was supposed to be cancelled, I'm wanting to know what members think on a legal footing?.  As its like the bank saying I can use the same old & replaced debit card details to order items online because its still in date even if replaced & cancelled which I find highly unlikely!.
  • Our picks

ladybird74

xbox360live question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3654 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have normal broadaband from bt and my son lately has started using xbox live. Today I noticed he is downloading a 1vs100 challenge and am starting to worry as I surf sites for quite a few hours a night that this could cost me more money.

Does xbox live cost any more than for instance just surfing the web. He normally just links up a particular game with frined and play online.

I havnt had any warning email from bt to say I am getting near exceeding limits so presume I am ok, what do you think.

Bt offer basic and thats what I have.

How much is the basic allowance on bandwidth? Games usually don't take up a lot of whats called bandwidth as the game will only send basic information across as most of the game is stored on the disk (Makes it quicker in all respects).

If he has been playing it for the last month they I probably wouldn't worry, but I would await a message from bt saying your nearly at your limit before worrying.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

No, once you paid subs its free.

Your internet subs are a different story, usually its unlimited but you need to discuss that with your provider. IF you do get any costs, the XBox WILL warn you before hand. Like downloading some games costs around £4 but it will confirm first.

HAPPY XBoxing :-)

No, once you paid subs its free.

Your internet subs are a different story, usually its unlimited but you need to discuss that with your provider. IF you do get any costs, the XBox WILL warn you before hand. Like downloading some games costs around £4 but it will confirm first.

HAPPY XBoxing :-)

Ladybird is talking about her usage limits for BT Broadband and assuming she is on BT option 1 that's 10gb per month.

Ladybird: you are probably ok, 10gb is quite a lot for just gaming and browsing traffic, it's when you are starting downloading lots of things (ie music, films, games) that you will have trouble keeping it under.

You may be able to check in your BT account online what your current usage is, possibly history too so perhaps you can gauge how you are doing this month.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Games can be quite large. If you are downloading games through xbox live it will count toward your download limit.

If you have a package that gives you for example 10gig included per month then £2 per gig after you have used your first 10gig then you will incur costs by going over your limit.

And anything that comes in via xbox live will count toward your packaged amount.

It may be worth checking out the different packages and choose an unlimited one. As games get bigger and connections get faster the games need more and more bandwidth to work.

I have a 360 here so speak from experience.

-----

Gig = Gigabyte or 1000 megabytes

Bandwidth = the amount of your internet connection the program/game will use while in use.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to access my account online, havnt done it before, so will check it out.

Games still require the same amount of bandwidth regardless of the size of the game. When data is transmitted over most of the things you see on your screen are generated from the game on your 360 already. The game will transmit locations, actions and avatar data, it will not need to send maps, textures or anything else that takes lots of data more than once.

You might have to download the occasional patch or additional map, however this isn't common and shouldn't make you meet the download limit.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thanks blitz, my son said I was fussing over nothing.

This ahs been a question for some years now. Bt (amongst others) offer, "unlimited downloads" and this so called unlimited is limited to 10gb, 30gb and once again "unlimited".

I would argue the "unlimited" thing. Its been advertised at that, so enforce it.

Another thing, Microsoft live, will charge you if you download games and things which cost, keep your eye open for that!

Microsoft will only charge if you have a visa debit or credit card linked to the LIVE account. Otherwise, you buy pre paid cards and put microsoft points on by redeeming the pre paid card. If your son is getting his LIVE every month using a pre paid card, then you don't need to worry about him downloading games.

Demos are free though, and nowadays these can be about 1.5 Gig, which isn't that much, but if you have a limit on your broadband of, say, 10gig a month, if he downloads 5 demo games in a week, that's an average 7.5 gig, leaving around 2.5gig left of your limit for the remainder of the month, and you will get charged if you go over the limit.

Best thing to do is check what broadband package you have, and see if they say it's unlimited. If it is, then you should be ok, as these days, 10 gig isn't much at all.

Thanks, its definately not unlimited, so considering upgrading it after xmas as son wants 12 months xbox live as pressy. Could do without it actually as monies tight but son promises to cut down on other things:D;) I bet that is economical with the truth as going on all the new games hes said mum is going to buy him for xmas, I am in for a hard nagging time.