Debt assigned to a DCA advise needed

ayedarg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong location.

I am after advide on how to find out which DCA an old debt was assigned to and whether or not the debt is now statute barred.

I took out a loan with London Scottish Bank on 08/03/02. Unfeortunately due to illness I was unable to make payments from Feburary 2003 as I was signed off from work for over 10 months. I submitted a claim under the policy of the PPI I had taken out but this was refused due to my pre-existing condition. Initially London Scottish were very understanding (I had held several loans with them over the years and had always paid them back in full with no missed payments).

Following the refusal of my insurance claim I agreed on a (much reduced payment plan to be collected weekly in person by a representative. However after making two payments the representative failed to turn up on the agreed payment date. When I rang to enquire why my payments had not been collected I was advised that he had been moved on to another regional office and that a new representative woud continue to call at my home to collect payment. I never heard from London Scottish again nor do I recall ever receiving a default notice prior to moving to a different address some six months later.

Having recently accessed my Experian credit file, I see that London Scottish did infact place a Default notice on my account, however this is shown as:

defaulted on 20/09/05

debt assigned

Special instruction date 01/11/05

balance £2,174

Satisfied

Having done some research I presume that my debt was sold to a DCA, howvwer I have no idea to whom. I understand that I could request a copy of my original credit agreement from London Scottish and details of who they sold the debt to but London Scottish Bank went into administration early in 2008. I have moved twice since 2005 and as such have received no letters from a DCA.

Does anyone have any advice on where I go from here? I would like to either pay the debt off or have it removed from my otherwise unblemished credit record :eek:

Hello and Welcome, ayedarg,

It's marked as satisfied, are you sure you have'nt paid it ?

I'll move this thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

How come it's marked as satisfied ? or am I missing something :rolleyes:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I submitted a claim under the policy of the PPI I had taken out but this was refused due to my pre-existing condition.
Was the PPI you paid since it's inception enough to cover what was owing? Even if they haven't used those premiums to offset the debt you should reclaim all your PPI.

I think it is marked as satisfied as it was sold on to a DCA. I must admit i was surprised to see it marked as satisfied as I was going through a tough time and could bearly pay my rent, hence the move!

Is it Robinson Way that are dealing with this, if so they were the collection arm of London Scottish. :rolleyes:

Business as usual

The Company has not ceased to trade. The Administration is necessary because of the Company’s financial position and to ensure the best interests of customers and creditors are served. We will continue to keep you updated with developments in respect of the long term plans for the Company and notify you as soon as practicable if any changes are proposed to be made which will affect your current position.

For further information on a specific product area please click on the links below:

http://www.london-scottish.com/02.htm

http://www.london-scottish.com/

Is it Robinson Way that are dealing with this, if so they were the collection arm of London Scottish. :rolleyes:

Thank you for this.

As i have received no correspondence from Robinson Way is it wise to now contact them (giving them my current address) or should i contact London Scottish and request a copy of my original credit agreement and a copy of the debt assignment letter?