BankFodder BankFodder

sharmar

MBNA Virgin (Restons) Court Case

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3569 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

You back on track now, sharmar?

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Hi All,

Here is a link to whats taking up all my waking (and most of my sleeping hours too!) at present.

I would so value your critical analysis and expertise if you have the will to read through the attached.

I am still a bit confused as to whether I should submit this as an amended defence immediately or use it as a Witness Statement? What are the court procedures in terms of filing both?

I know I have to file witness statement minimum 7 days before hearing, is it better to file all of this now well in advance or are there disadvantages in doing so?

Brain frazzled here now after putting it all together and thanks to so many here for their assistance and guidance. Will await to hear your lucid comments on this.

:)

Edited by sharmar

subbing..

looks good to me by the way.

If my advice helped you please click my star

A great read!

Loads of good stuff!

Hindsight is wonderful......

But now knowledge and advice are life savers:D

Sharmar - wicked defence!

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

Point 23 in your defence refers to headings on the agreement. This is ok if your agreement is post 2006, when these rules came into force.

Wait for Vjohn to comment.

Agree with Vint, need to check when your Agreement was made to see if you can use that.

Cheers,

BRW

Thanks for looking in everyone!

And many thanks for the pointer!

It was late 2004 so I guess leave out point 23!

Is all else good to go then?

Q. Do I have to request the Court's/Restons permission to file an Amended Defence?

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the procedure for filing an Amended Defence?

Thanks

Sharmar

as far as i know you simply prefix the amended defence with a request to the court to amend it and state the reasons

sharmar,

when did you stop paying mbna, jst trying to get an idea of time from payment stop to court action, prob being going down the same road as you?

sharmar,

when did you stop paying mbna, jst trying to get an idea of time from payment stop to court action, prob being going down the same road as you?

In my case I hadnt stopped paying them something as they were being paid in my DMP (Payplan)still did the dirty tho!!!

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

I wander if you could get them to admit just what percentage of cases are discontinued this way?

Seems to me these and others use the court as another lever to squeeze money out of you then run if they look like loosing.