pompeyfaith

Post Office bank plans outlined by government 02/12/2009

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Plans for the Post Office to start offering financial products have been outlined by the government.

There will now be a public consultation on the plans, which include offering access to accounts from every one of the Post Office's 11,500 branches.

The plan, which also includes the provision of mortgages, requires investment of up to £1.7bn by 2011.

The changes would turn the Post Office into "a leading player in financial services", the government said.

BBC News - Post Office bank plans outlined by government

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well this could be a good move, providing the post office have a fair level of charges and fees and not get carried away with greed like the other banks.

Also will the post office offer current accounts to the many that are unable to get one elsewhere we shall see.

Im in full support of the post office if they hold true to a peoples bank and im sure they can gain a lot of custom if that was the case.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What a fantastic idea!!!

WTF did no one think of that before???

posb1e.gif

yup used to be Girobank I believe.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Yeah, Girobank morphed into TSB (I think!) and that got bought out by Lloyds...