style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi first time on here

and am looking for some advise or help please ....

i have just had a bailiff letter threw my door today hand delivered in no envolope

but before i knew of this site i rang them (EQUITA BAILIFFS) ..who said i had to get

£1031.62 asap for a council tax liabilty order

i then went to my local council office

who said they couldnt get it back from the bailiff and i would have to deal with them.

i have offered to pay them £40 a month.

as i only work seven and a half hours a week

my partner only works seventeen and a half hours a week .

so there is not much money coming in

then my son mentioned this site

is there anybody out there that can help me with this matter.if you need any more info ..i will reply asap...

hope this is in the right place

hi first time on here

and am looking for some advise or help please ....

i have just had a bailiff letter threw my door today hand delivered in no envolope

but before i knew of this site i rang them (EQUITA BAILIFFS) ..who said i had to get

£1031.62 asap for a council tax liabilty order

i then went to my local council office

who said they couldnt get it back from the bailiff and i would have to deal with them.

i have offered to pay them £40 a month.

as i only work seven and a half hours a week

my partner only works seventeen and a half hours a week .

so there is not much money coming in

then my son mentioned this site

is there anybody out there that can help me with this matter.if you need any more info ..i will reply asap...

hope this is in the right place

Hi Minnie74 and welcome to the murky world of Bailiffs doings here on CAG. Most people have all been in similar situations and no one is prejudged. There will be lots of help and advice from all quarters.

As you've had the first letter from the Bailiff he will already have added a charge - more about this later. The most important detail here is to deny him entry to your household, keep your windows and doors locked as he is allowed to enter if they are left unlocked. Make sure you have nothing lying around outside and if you have a car make sure it is parked well away from your property. If he knocks then try and talk to him through a window or through the letterbox, try and keep any conversation brief and if possible record it. Try and avoid at all costs any telephone conversations with him or his company - they will try anything and deny it afterwards, yet again if you have to record any conversation. The Bailiff does not need to use your loo, have a drink of water to take his tablets with or anything like that.

You do not have to deal at all with the Bailiff, you can totally ignore him. Make any payment you can comfortably afford on a regular basis , weekly, direct to the Council. You can do this electronically through their website, an automated phone line or through Billpay possibly. Doing it this way your payment has to be accepted. Taking into the office or posting a cheque will result in its return.

You should also ask the Council to tell you how much the Liability Order is for, how much is still outstanding and when it was passed to the Bailiff. Providing he has not gained entry to your home or made a levy on goods outside or your car the maximum charge the Bailiff is allowed to charge you is £42-50 made up of a 1st visit for £24-50 and a 2nd visit for £18-00, doesn't matter how many visits they make this is all they are allowed to charge. Please note you will still have to pay this on top of any money you owe the Council.

I don't doubt the Bailiff will tell you he will have you arrested, put in jail, remove your goods in your absence or attend with a locksmith - this is all to pressurise you but in the main is all bluster.

Do you claim all the Benefits you are entitled to - such as Council Tax Benefit, it may help reduce the sum you owe. The Council may at some stage refer the matter back to court whereby you can submit your income and expenditure and a level of payment may be set for you, but that appears to be a long way off yet.

Hope this helps you.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]