Bank Charges - Customer Charges....

sidtheranger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, following the banks winning their case in the bank's High Court (well that's how it seems to me) I had a thought.

Many years ago I received an email concerning an elderly person , so fed up with bank charges, that they sent a letter to the bank detailing his/her charges for opening letters, phone calls etc.

Now if we all, as customers and free born citizens, joined together and hit the banks with our own charges, then perhaps they may listen.

This does not work if it is undertaken by individuals as the bank can ignore it. But if bank customers could set up a bank customer association type thing, we could put together a system of fair charges which would apply to the bank.

I received notice of a £30 charge from Lloyds last week for going overdrawn by £2.00. There was £15 for unauthorised overdraft facility and £15 for each day overdrawn. I noticed I was overdrawn and transferred the funds to cover this on the same day. With this notice came a letter from Lloyde informing me of their latest insurance facility I may be interested in - Like Hell!.

Now, it took me about 2 mins to open the insurance info, read the heading, then another 2 -3 mins to tear it in half and recycle it. At some later point I will have to walk from my kitchen to the recycling bin outside. This could take another minute or so.

Using Lloyds own charging schedule, I reckon that this could cost somewhere between £15 - £30.

I suggest that somebody, better qualified than me, could come up with a Bank Customers Assoc. where we could charge the banks for our own valuable time for opening letters, making phone calls, having to wait in queues, broken ATM's you name it, this is all our own time given to the banks for free.

They are taking the micky out of us because they believe we have no option.

Well, I think we have.

There, that's my post court case and bank charge rant over....

Good luck to us all and a Merry Christmas Tiny Tim.

Bear with me.

If you want some fun, call the Lloyds telephone banking up and ask them for an EXACT breakdown of charges.

Thats where you start :-) Look around the forums n there's letters n that which stump the banks.

Dont worry, you WILL get it back.

Just have some fun in the meantime n ask them that lol