style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am unemployed, facing massive debt problems and fully expect to be seeing the bailiffs sometime over the next couple of months.

I am not trying to duck out of paying my debts, i have been in a DMP for the last 5 yrs and never missed a payment..yet. That is going to change because i can no longer afford to keep it going while i have no work.

If i can get work, then i will adjust the payments but carry on paying.

My concerns are that in the meantime i could potentially lose everything.

I have 2 kids as well to think about.

I really need to keep my car as without it finding work will be very difficult....i am an HGV driver so need a car to get to work at unsocial hours.

Likewise i need to keep my PC.....vital tool in looking for work.

The TV is the only entertainment the family have so to lose that would be hard.

The kids have a Wii and PS2 but they were bought as presents for them. The missus has a laptop, but that is hers. Can they take these things?

Hi there, I'm no expert on these matters, but from experience and this site, they cannot take items which belong to your children (tho not sure how you could prove they belong to them) your best option should it happen is as everyone on here advises....do not let the bailiffs in your house, make sure all doors and windows are locked, you do not have to let them in. As for your car, park it away from your house, will be a nuisance but less so than you waking one morning finding it clamped.

HTH, as i said i'm no expert and i'm sure one will soon be along to give you advice.

Reference the car, bear in mind that the registered keeper with the dvla is not necessarily the legal owner. The car I use all the time is registered to me for insurance purposes but the owner has a bill of sale for it. If you can prove the car is not yours then don't worry about it...

Rae